Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Error P3044 Problems and Jeep in limp mode

Old 04-19-2017, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error P0344 Problems and Jeep in limp mode

Need some help! My Jeep threw DTC P0344 a couple of weeks ago, but it cleared away shortly after. Now the code is back, and the dash is lit up like a Christmas tree. Check engine light, traction control light, oil light is all illuminated. I replaced the Camshaft sensor at the front of the motor but the code is still there. Jeep has plenty of oil, and battery is just fine (Optima Red top). Here are some things about my Jeep, i run a Superchips Traildash 2, and have the ability to clear the code but it just comes right back on. After replacing the sensor, I drove the Jeep but it is definitely in Limp mode, sluggish acceleration and making funny noise coming from the valves when I press the gas pedal to the floor.
I have reset all factory settings and unplugged the Traildash, I am updating the TD for any updates as I type this post. From what I can tell all wiring under the hood is in tact. My jeep is a 2010 JKU automatic, 3.5in lift on 35s.
If anybody has any ideas, please let me know, Jeep Beach is next week and I'm pretty stressed.

Last edited by Dstolp; 04-19-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0344 solved

Been having the P0344 problem for months now, dealer "fixed" everything but actual problem and I finally ended up in a ditch. Took it to my mechanic and asked them to track it down, then they put dielectric grease in the cam sensor connector and have been trouble free no matter how hard I try to get it to come back on. They say pigtail to sensor need to be replaced.

Quick Reply: Error P3044 Problems and Jeep in limp mode