Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fog/ Driving Lights off stock steering wheel fog light switch

Old 12-02-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog/ Driving Lights off stock steering wheel fog light switch

Has anyone used the stock steering wheel fog light switch to rig running and fog lights from it?

I figure if you can disable the "fogs off with brights" then it would work. Drew a schematic to see if anyone has done this with any luck. I am thinking about adding running lights but really want to use one switch - steering wheel fog light switch. This would allow fogs to run if the switch is turned on and dims are on. If brights are on then the running lights would be on with the switch.
Click image for larger version

Name:	lightrelay.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	106645
Old 12-02-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Arrow

I'm not sure about Alabama, but in PA is illegal to have your fog lights on with high beams. I think that's why there is an automatic "fogs off with brights" feature. If you don't want to add a seperate switch, you could tap into your high beams to run the driving lights.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

The wiring setup I propose would shut off fogs and turn on driving lights with high beam and vice versa for low beam. That is the reason for the relays. Any experience doing this out there?

Quick Reply: Fog/ Driving Lights off stock steering wheel fog light switch