Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

foot hits gas pedal when trying to use brake pedal

Old 08-26-2018, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foot hits gas pedal when trying to use brake pedal

Does anyone else have an issue with fat footing the gas pedal when applying the brakes?
More than once I have almost ran into something because my big foot hits the gas pedal at the same time I am pushing down on the brake pedal.
ts a 2014 JK Sport with an automatic.
Any suggestions other than remember to slide my foot a little to the left before braking?
Thanks.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

yep happens time to time. lol thers no fix
Old 08-27-2018, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cut the pad mount off the brake pedal and re-weld it further left.

It seems a lot of newer vehicles place the brake very close to the throttle. I wear size 16 EEE shoes and my main issue with my JKU is the throttle sits too low to the floor so I need to keep my foot slid down or the toe of my shoe jambs up against the top edge of the pedal. This doesn't happen on my 2016 KL.
I drove a new Escape a while back and the brake is so close to the throttle and firewall that I kept hitting the brake when applying the throttle. Not enough room for extra wide shoes.

Quick Reply: foot hits gas pedal when trying to use brake pedal