Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Front Seat Airbags, Coverking Seat Covers

Old 08-31-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Seat Airbags, Coverking Seat Covers

So I'm going to order some Coverking neoprene seat covers. I'm trying to figure out for sure if I have airbags in my JK though. It's a 2007, the dealership listed it as having them, and underneath my seats there are some electrical wires running up into the seats, on the under edge of the seat near the console. These things make me think I do have seat airbags, but when trolling the forums I saw someone else had said their seats had a patch of some sort sewn onto the upper side of the backrest, specifying that the Jeep was equipped with side airbags. I don't have those patches. There is a label sewn near the shoulder that says "YES equipment."

I just want to be sure before I drop $200 for seat covers. BTW, amazon has these Coverking seat covers for $200 for BOTH the front and rear seats. At least for the 2dr like I have. A pretty good deal for what I gather are quality seat covers.

While we're on the topic, would anyone like to share their opinions of these Coverkings? What's the result of them getting rained on?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Smitty built version

Follow this link. It has them front and rear for 159.99
Same seat cover.

I bought them and like them.
http://www.4wd.com/jeep-parts.aspx?j...riptor&dir=asc
Old 08-31-2010, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

but, but, but....they don't have black/yellow! And they're not the Coverking brand!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default Coverking

My box literally said coverking on it. I was a bit put out as I wanted Smittybuilt. They are the same. Call, maybe they have ? yellow? (it takes all kinds)

Originally Posted by reechee
but, but, but....they don't have black/yellow! And they're not the Coverking brand!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rdsar2k
My box literally said coverking on it. I was a bit put out as I wanted Smittybuilt. They are the same. Call, maybe they have ? yellow? (it takes all kinds)
Edit Please direguard my yellow comment. I happened to look at my icon showing my canoe.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rdsar2k
Edit my canoe.
Seeing as how you do some canoeing, how has the neoprene stood up to water? I want to get my Jeep bedlined at some point in the near future, and my logic was that with the wet suit seat covers and the bed liner (and maybe a marine stereo head), I'd have a basically waterproof jeep.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Neoprene

Neoprene fades fast in direct sunlight. The nylon skin likes to separate at the sewn seams but it holds up. It reminds me of jeans. the older and more faded my farmer john becomes the more I like it. Shows time on the rivers. Same for seat covers I guess. sun faded means more topless time.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

that would be sweet, except they're not for the JK and don't come in yellow.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid a little more and purchased Marathon seat covers and could not be happier!
Time will tell on the ware factor tho?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

how do the marathon's material hold up to water? do they keep the factory seat dry?

Quick Reply: Front Seat Airbags, Coverking Seat Covers