Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fusible Link Question

Old 07-15-2018, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fusible Link Question

my son was installing a new battery in his 2015 wrangler JK and end up burning the fusible link. long story short...we were finally able to get it to the dealership for them to replace it. they're telling me Mopar doesnt make a fusible link and that i have to buy the whole harness. I said BS. Long story short, they said that in order to get it running, they'll need an 8 gauge fusible link....which i cant find anywhere. All i can find are 12, 14, and 16 gauge. Can anyone out there tell me if this is correct? Does it HAVE to be an 8 gauge or will a 10 work as well? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 07-23-2018, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10 gauge may “pop” to quick. Depends on what is on the circuit. I found 8 gauge but you have to get it in a 25ft coil. Probably too much at $75-$100.

It’s a pretty new jeep, I’d seriously consider getting the harness.

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/8-...t-p/a20484.htm

Quick Reply: Fusible Link Question