Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gas pedal too far away

Old 03-15-2008, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas pedal too far away

Ok, I'm sure there are going to be plenty of smartalic comments about this. But I'm only 5'4" tall and the gas pedal is just not comfortably situated. In order to put my entire foot on the pedal I have to have my seat so close to the steering wheel that I feel like I'm going to eat it. If I move the seat back to a comfortable position my toe just touches the pedal. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do? I've looked under the dash to see what I can do and the pedal arm is plastic. Not sure what kind to do?
Old 03-15-2008, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

I'm not too tall myself, but what I found to work is to push the seat forward so your foot will comfortably lay on the pedal, tilt the seat back so you're not on top of the steering wheel, then crank up the seat height (if you have that option) to bring your overall position back up. My JK is manual so I also need to be able to push in the clutch a good amount and this seems to work perfect for me
Old 03-15-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by badams
Ok, I'm sure there are going to be plenty of smartalic comments about this. But I'm only 5'4" tall and the gas pedal is just not comfortably situated. In order to put my entire foot on the pedal I have to have my seat so close to the steering wheel that I feel like I'm going to eat it. If I move the seat back to a comfortable position my toe just touches the pedal. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do? I've looked under the dash to see what I can do and the pedal arm is plastic. Not sure what kind to do?

Try raising your seat to the max position (and fully forward) and then see how that fits.....
Old 03-15-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

You could always put a block of some sort on the petals.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

opposite of me i am 6'3'' my complaint is the pedal is angled to the right and i have big feet so sometimes i don't get a whole push on the pedal cause just my toes are on it which sucks
Old 03-15-2008, 08:49 PM
JK Newbie

wow mofo.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:35 PM
J..
JK Newbie

So obviously your JK roled out of the factory perfect for you in every aspect then mofo?

Yea, same problem here and it sh1ts me. Talked to service and they said they cant change it although I didnt push them on it just yet. I'm going to have a look to see if the shaft can be taken off and bent forward at all. If not I'll be going back to Jeep and complaining propper.

To make matters worse they put the bonnet release right in frnt of your toe so when your foot makes the epic voyage from the throttle to the brake it hits it and restricts movement further.

Well it does for me and my girl at least...
Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is what you are looking for, I'm not being a smart a$$.

They talk about the air bag being a safety hazzard when you are to close to it.

http://www.pedalextenders.net/
Old 03-16-2008, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm 5'4 (even a bit less) and have no problems at all, no need for pedal extenders or a phone book to sit on . And I have a 6-speed, so I also have to reach the clutch.

Change your seat height and see if that helps? Driving with the wheel smashed against the chest isn't safe.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by badams
Ok, here is your smartalic reply. When my 4 year old drives it, he rubberbands blocks to the pedal.....

(The first two replies are a great ideas too)

Quick Reply: Gas pedal too far away