Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Gas pedal too far away

Old 03-16-2008, 05:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bonnet release?

Originally Posted by J..
So obviously your JK roled out of the factory perfect for you in every aspect then mofo?

Yea, same problem here and it sh1ts me. Talked to service and they said they cant change it although I didnt push them on it just yet. I'm going to have a look to see if the shaft can be taken off and bent forward at all. If not I'll be going back to Jeep and complaining propper.

To make matters worse they put the bonnet release right in frnt of your toe so when your foot makes the epic voyage from the throttle to the brake it hits it and restricts movement further.

Well it does for me and my girl at least...

Bonnet release? You guys have them on Wranglers? Interesting...No such thing here in Canada. I assume you mean hood release right? Here we just undo the latches and voila.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just let the nails on your gas jammin' foot grow out a little, it will cure what ails ya. HOWDY down there!!!!!!

Last edited by TINMAN080; 03-16-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sgmrock
Ok, here is your smartalic reply. When my 4 year old drives it, he rubberbands blocks to the pedal.....

(The first two replies are a great ideas too)
Naw Here's the smart aleck response.

Get a Barbie Jeep!

I had to smile reading all the posts, just waiting for that "right" one but it never came up, y'all are just too kind.

My wife is less than 5' tall and I'm counting on her having the same problem and my jeep is a stick which makes it "better" for me. tee hee.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by badams
Ok, I'm sure there are going to be plenty of smartalic comments about this. But I'm only 5'4" tall and the gas pedal is just not comfortably situated. In order to put my entire foot on the pedal I have to have my seat so close to the steering wheel that I feel like I'm going to eat it. If I move the seat back to a comfortable position my toe just touches the pedal. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do? I've looked under the dash to see what I can do and the pedal arm is plastic. Not sure what kind to do?
Hmmmmm! My wife is 5'2" and has no problem with the gas pedal. Seat up as far as comfortable, raise or lower the seat to suit your reach, and you should be good to go.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

I noticed it more of an issue with 07-10, especially on manuals. I literally had to remove the slider from my seat to lower it 1.5" so when I sit down my legs would extend out further and then I had to take some spare parts (shock mounts and light tabs) and make custom pedal extensions. The gas pedal is plastic so you can't weld on it do we used shock bushing inner mounts and a BMW aftermarket pedal cut down. When it was all said in done it worked out awesome!

Quick Reply: Gas pedal too far away