JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Gas tank overflows while pumping with automatic gas pump nozzle? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/gas-tank-overflows-while-pumping-automatic-gas-pump-nozzle-222592/)

ZMagic97 03-12-2012 01:42 PM

Go in there, ask again. If you get the same answer, call Chrysler while you're standing there. It gets issues resolved quickly. Trust me.

tbrown 03-14-2012 12:56 PM

Currently sitting at the dealership right now because of this issue. Looks like it's about a 2 and a half hour ordeal to swap gas tanks. I would not suggest waiting....

Topkicker1 03-14-2012 10:11 PM

Had the same problem on my 08. Tank got replaced at no charge last week. Jk has 37k miles on it.

grandjunktion 03-15-2012 12:24 PM

UPDATE: I just got my jeep back from the dealership. I actually liked the way someone else put it, "stealership". Anyway all was covered under warranty and they replaced the fuel tank. I haven't tried filling it up yet, but have my fingers crossed. Thanks all who replied.

scrappy 03-15-2012 02:09 PM

just had mine replaced under extended warranty this week. Got gas yesterday with no spillage for the first time ever.

fstopme 03-16-2012 09:56 PM

dude you guys rock! i just signed up on JK Forum for this very same problem! Only i didnt see this post till AFTER I posted my same issue! Now I'm going into my dealer with guns a blazzin'!

IZZNICE 03-17-2012 12:24 AM

They want $300 just to look at mine because it's out of warranty :(

JK KiD 03-17-2012 03:48 AM

I wasn't under warranty either, but got a tsb/recall notice in the mail. The dealership did it for free, I went to the Jeep Dodge in mission valley in San Diego if your in that area. Wish I still had the notice, I'd forward it your way. I think I got it due to registering my Jeep online.

Good luck with the issue

titn31 03-17-2012 07:43 AM

I have to take mine in I guess. 07 has overflowed fuel every time I fill it up.... unless I go slow until I hear the the gargle noise.

cajunaviator 03-17-2012 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by IZZNICE
They want $300 just to look at mine because it's out of warranty :(

There is no charge for this issue. It was classified by Chrysler as a lifetime warranty for this issue. It was deemed a major safety hazard, and therefor lead to the lifetime warranty. When I had my 07 JK, they replaced it for free. Like others said, if they tell you they want to charge for this, tell them stand by while you call Jeep Customer Service (877) 426-5337 in front of them. I bet it gets fixed for free then. Search this forum and you will find a copy of the letter from Chrysler about this issue. Good luck.