JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Hardtop Wiring Harness Install?? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/hardtop-wiring-harness-install-57552/)

Spytec128 12-06-2008 01:49 PM

Why does the computer need flashing? What does it do for me?

Tebo 12-06-2008 02:30 PM

i'm sure you can do it yourself. i paid to have mine done. i love working on my jeep but the hardtop wiring just isn't something i would get a lot of enjoyment out of.

doc307 12-06-2008 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Spytec128 (Post 823567)
Why does the computer need flashing? What does it do for me?

You will not be able to use the rear window defrost without getting the computer flashed. You will be able to use the wiper and washer though.

bosscj351 12-16-2008 06:21 PM

Just finished mine. The hardest part was trying to pull the plug through the firewall. Pretty straight forward. I guarantee you will learn alot about your JK from doing an install like this. You will see places you've only dreamed about.

tackindy 12-17-2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by bosscj351 (Post 844322)
Just finished mine. The hardest part was trying to pull the plug through the firewall. Pretty straight forward. I guarantee you will learn alot about your JK from doing an install like this. You will see places you've only dreamed about.

I'll see up Yasmine Bleeth's skirt? (Ricky Bobby)

I've been planning on doing this wiring for a year now. Got the kit with the hardtop from the dealer but just haven't installed it yet. Maybe now I'll get to it!

Ddub 12-23-2008 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by bosscj351 (Post 844322)

Soap it up...... :brows: I was struggling with that too and then remembered the dish soap. Don't be shy use plenty. Slid right through!!!!!!!!:clap:

RET 11-09-2009 07:11 AM

Any suggestions on step 16 where the two wires need to be released fron the connector? The older harnesses I was able to slip a small screwdriver in to release them, but I am struggling with this one and fear distorting/damaging the plastic block. Thanks!

SCF 11-09-2009 07:51 AM

I've seen where some cut the wire, leaving enough to tap into it from the new harness. I cut the wire and pulled it thru the top of the connector.

rdcox23 03-28-2012 05:35 PM

Fusebox Connector "G" and Instrument Panel Connector "C"

Both of these connections had existing wires where they were telling me to make the connection.

Was I supposed to tap into the existing wire or was I supposed to replace them?

I tapped into them, but now I have constant power to the rear wiper, even when the key is off.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

moto-scoot 03-28-2012 06:04 PM

connector C remove exisitng wire {usally same color]
replace with wiring harness connector
this should be the connector closeest to the driver door.

connector G will need part # of harness to determine