Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Has anyone ever cleaned their carpet?

Old 04-27-2017, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever cleaned their carpet?

So I did a quick search and came up empty handed on this. Has anyone tried shampooing their Jeep floor carpets? I bought my Jeep used and it has some mild mildew odor in the carpet. Just wondering if anyone has tried this.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

There's no reason you can't but usually just Febreezing the top and bottom of it then leaving it out to bake in the sun works well for me.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by JKU Fireman
So I did a quick search and came up empty handed on this. Has anyone tried shampooing their Jeep floor carpets? I bought my Jeep used and it has some mild mildew odor in the carpet. Just wondering if anyone has tried this.
I've seen carpet sets listed on craigslist in our area for $125 - $150 before. If it's in that bad of shape, might be a relatively cheap purchase to spruce up the interior. If you cared to explore it, I have a buddy that might sell some. He put bedrug in almost immediately after purchasing his 2015.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
There's no reason you can't but usually just Febreezing the top and bottom of it then leaving it out to bake in the sun works well for me.
LMAO......I should have thought of this first. Now I need it to quit raining every 2-3 days!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I've seen carpet sets listed on craigslist in our area for $125 - $150 before. If it's in that bad of shape, might be a relatively cheap purchase to spruce up the interior. If you cared to explore it, I have a buddy that might sell some. He put bedrug in almost immediately after purchasing his 2015.
just a slight odor for now. I'm trying to avoid replacing them. Other than the odor, the carpet is in good shape with little wear. Thanks for option though
Old 04-28-2017, 03:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have removed mine and used a pressure washer on them a few times. Works wonders and didn't hurt them any from what I can tell. First time was when it was either going to work or I was getting new carpets. Gallon of milk had sprung a leak and soaked the carpet.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the tips!
Old 04-28-2017, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

What's the current situation you're dealing with?

I have a rug doctor machine, and just use the hand attachments to shampoo if needed. Pulling out the entire carpet seems like a lot of work to me. Most of the time my carpet has been covered with slush mats so it hardly ever needs shampooing.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

My carpet or lack of gets cleaned with Budweiser or whatever is in hand on the trails. lol
Old 05-02-2017, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hail2Ale
My carpet or lack of gets cleaned with Budweiser or whatever is in hand on the trails. lol
Z
Thats alcohol abuse!!

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever cleaned their carpet?