Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Heater core back flushing

Old 10-10-2017, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater core back flushing

I have 2013 3.6. In 2013, the earlier 2013 manufactured JK coolant systems started with HOAT and the later ones were filled with OAT. Before learning this, on recommendation from the parts desk at the dealership, I bought and filled my system with OAT but I have suspicions that I have an earlier JK that was filled with HOAT. So now I think I may have an issue with some gelling due to the mixture. I've been running distilled water and Blue Devil cleaner for a few driving hours now and will want to drain and flush again before filling with 50/50.

Now to my question....

If I disconnect my heater core hose at the pump and then the hose at the block, could I blow compressed air back to push out the all the coolant and stuff into a jug on the other end? Or can I even blow out the entire system if I take out the thermostat and the lower pass side hose on the radiator?

Sounds too simple but don't see anything on these forums about people trying it so I have to assume I am missing something.

TIA

Quick Reply: Heater core back flushing