Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Heater hose connection on firewall

Old 05-31-2019, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heater hose connection on firewall

So today I sprung a leak on one of my heater hoses. I managed to remove the heater hoses from the heater core but I didn't take note as to which hose goes where. Can someone tell me whether the hose that connects to the block connects to the left or right connection on the heater core on the fire wall and also for the hose that connects to the thermostat housing.

Sorryfor the newb question but. Thanks ahead for any and all info!
Old 05-31-2019, 10:27 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by A. Favela
So today I sprung a leak on one of my heater hoses. I managed to remove the heater hoses from the heater core but I didn't take note as to which hose goes where. Can someone tell me whether the hose that connects to the block connects to the left or right connection on the heater core on the fire wall and also for the hose that connects to the thermostat housing.

Sorryfor the newb question but. Thanks ahead for any and all info!
The lowest hose on the engine end goes highest-righmost at the firewall end (3.8L).
Old 06-01-2019, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Let us know how replacing those hoses went for you and if you had to remove anything else in the replacement process.

Reaching those firewall heater hose connections for re-connection, doesn't look like a fun job to me.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Mr T

Thanks for the quick reply. It is indeed for the 3.8 which I did forget to mention, so good call. I just want to get it right the first time because we all know just how much of a pain it is to remove and install those damn hoses..lol

Rednroll,
I will advise how the whole process went once I finish the job. Removal was ok with the right hose clamp removal tool.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

So I just finished connecting the hoses and it took maybe 15 minutes total. Sprayed some WD-40 on the ends used the hose clamp tool and was done. Now , off to buy coolant and burp the system. Thanks for all of the info, this forum rocks!!
Old 06-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Sounds like I need to get one of those hose clamp tools. What's it look like? I'm usually using a pair of vise-grips.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

This is the hose clamp tool I used. It was better than trying to squeeze aset of pliers in there. Hope this helps
The following users liked this post:
Rednroll (06-02-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

These clamps are a must on the jk heater hoses... make it really easy!
Old 11-07-2022, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been wondering about a leak I've got on the hose that connects to the thermostat housing. I've cut it at the end and put it back on thinking it was the end of the hose but darn thing keeps leaking some how. Thinking the hose has gone bad possibly!? The thing is I don't wanna spend time on taking this hose off because it's the dreaded hose that goes to the firewall. Any ideas welcomed or should I just suck it up and do it myself or bleed money to the mechanic for this?

Thanks everyone and thanks A. Favela for the tool clip.
Old 06-11-2023, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had a heater hose blow, the one that connects to the thermostat housing…..getting to the firewall connection doesn’t appear to be fun at all……I’m planning on changing the injectors also, so I wonder if I’d be better off to pull the plenum before trying to change the hose

Quick Reply: Heater hose connection on firewall