Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help on European JK

Old 03-16-2019, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on European JK

Hello All, I have a 2008 Sahara JK Unlimited with 2.8L Diesel, stock in Italy recently purchased. I am interested in purchasing lighting, winch, snorkle and other accessories. While some are specific and can find the 2.8L info, it doesn’t clarify if the diesel makes a difference. I have also heard that the electronic can be different. So...
Has anyone done work on a European stock JK? Ideas? Info? I am back and forth to Italy, so I want to purchase here and freight there, as I have not found any aftermarket online (that i could understand) and when I have asked questions in auto part stores, I seem to know more than they do.... So any help is much appreciated!
Thanks in Advance
Old 04-04-2019, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm about 90% sure that the diesel uses the same snorkel setup as the 3.8L does. The lights and winch shouldn't make any difference, though the European bumper is different from the US market bumper. I don't know if you're planning on swapping it out or if you can, but that may be a bit of an issue.

Look forward to seeing what it looks like when its done!
Old 04-04-2019, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Mt.Whisky

I actually found the half snorkle (hood/bottom of windshield height) specific to the 2.8 which i am assuming is diesel.
As far as bumpber ect, trying tonfind a good mechanic there!
Im in NY till mid May but will definitely post before and after pics! Thanks for your response.

Originally Posted by MountainWhisky
I'm about 90% sure that the diesel uses the same snorkel setup as the 3.8L does. The lights and winch shouldn't make any difference, though the European bumper is different from the US market bumper. I don't know if you're planning on swapping it out or if you can, but that may be a bit of an issue.

Look forward to seeing what it looks like when its done!

Quick Reply: Help on European JK