Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with Transmission Fluid Line

Old 01-19-2019, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Transmission Fluid Line

Hello. New to the forum and I have a 2008 Stock JK. The starter was going out so I changed it out this afternoon. In the process, I accidentally hit the transmission fluid line near the lower bolt and the line popped out of the side of the transmission. Needless to say I was surprised when fluid started pouring out on my initial startup (new starter is great, btw). My question is, how does the line go into the transmission. The line itself has a little flair on the end and it appears there is a plastic piece that holds the line. The plastic piece does not appear to be broken but it does not seem to hold the line very tightly (and may not need to).

Does anyone know how the fitting works? Hoping to not have to replace the whole line. I cant tell how it fits so any experience/advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by Alpine22; 01-19-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there is a o-ring on the line then a small clip that holds it into the transmission.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

It snaps in, held in place by a wire clip. Pop off the plastic cap, then push in the metal line it until you feel it click. If it doesn't click into place and stay put it's likely the clip has been damaged or is not in place. Lisle makes a cool tool for removing the lines that won't damage the wire clips.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I finally got it figured out and fixed. Doesnt look like there was any damage to the line and I am not sure how it popped out. I removed the retainer ring, put the line and ring back it and it is holding and not leaking.

Quick Reply: Help with Transmission Fluid Line