Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

horn honks when wet

Old 07-18-2012, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horn honks when wet

got caught in the rain with the top down in my 2007 jk, didnt think it would be a big deal until the horn started honking by itself 3 hrs later.
had to pull the horn fuse to make it stop. anyone else have this issue ? have had several cjs in the past and am a bit dissapointed with the jk.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had it personally but from what I've heard on the forums it sounds like the clock spring. Common on the TJ's as well. On the TJ's it was in the steering column. I would think it's the same spot in the JK. Any time it rains and I'm stuck without the roof, the only thing I bother covering on the TJ or JK was the steering wheel and column and never had a problem.

I've read nuuuumerous threads of peoples warning lights going off, horn going off continuously, etc ... and all were due to the clock spring.

Doubt the CJ even has one due to its age and lack of electrical wiring comparing to more modern vehicles.

Quick Reply: horn honks when wet