Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Horn randomly blows...

Old 01-30-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn randomly blows...

Yesterday I just took the windows out of the soft top, and rolled down my windows. I ended leaving the jeep out last night as I have done before, however we had a dense fog this morning. The horn now is randomly going off, so I have had to disconnect the battery, but the thing I don't understand is I have had it get caught in a downpour without this issue. Anybody else have this problem, or a solution to make the horn stop. I know the real solution to it would be to put the top back up... Any help though would be great.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

just pull the two 10amp fuses for the horns. I think they are 21 and 23.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, I don't have a clue what it could be (at least not with out looking at the prints)

But I have to share this story. When I was a kid, my father bought a brand new 1980 chevy caprise classic. Just a few weeks later, on our annual family road trip, we stopped by Mount Rushmore. As we turned in to the parking lot the horn started blowing; it blew for over 2 minuets. Finally stopped and never did it again in over 5 years and 150,000 miles.

I know it did not help you nor did you care but how often does that story get a chance to be told.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have you considered pulling the horn cover off and drying out all the connections etc for the horn? Not too difficult and you can use this write up to see how to pull the cover. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...cruise+control
Old 01-30-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

I accidentally hit my horn with my fist(I was laughing so hard at the time) and my horn got stuck for a few minutes. I pulled up on the cover and it was fine. Try drying the inside like mentioned above.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

$1,000,000 bet it is the clock spring. Mine did this to. Would start honking randomly, even when driving.

Fixed by dealer under warranty, was the clock spring. Actually fairly common problem.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CerOf
$1,000,000 bet it is the clock spring. Mine did this to. Would start honking randomly, even when driving.

Fixed by dealer under warranty, was the clock spring. Actually fairly common problem.
This is what I was thinking it was, as another guy in my club had this issue, however my issue is my Jeep is just out of warranty...
Old 01-30-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My horn was going off randomly too... It was actually a control module for the panic alarm that was messing up. The dealership replaced it under warranty.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

No alarm here, just a plain, not frills unlimited x. I wanted a base model to avoid the situation I am dealing with now, but oh well. Guess my soft door idea is out of the question...
Old 07-10-2017, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CerOf

the clock spring is a recall on some models, mine is being replaced next week. Let's hope that's the problem. My 09 started doing this last week. My neighbors are not to happy... Good luck.

Quick Reply: Horn randomly blows...