JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   I love my JK but... (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/i-love-my-jk-but-264514/)

Spyderman64 02-16-2013 03:04 PM

I love my JK but...

I hate the drive-by-wire and TPMS. Is there a programmer that will enable me to both improve the former and disable the latter with no telltale evidence that the dealer can detect? (I don't want to jeapordize my lifetime powertrain warranty). It's a 2008 with 6-speed transmission. Thanks for the help!

MSmitty 02-16-2013 03:07 PM

Aev procal for tpms. Not sure about drve by wire... it will center your steering wheel after lift etc.

DanBlan 02-16-2013 03:29 PM

Heard good stuff about this.
Jeep Wrangler SprintBooster

RedJupiter 02-16-2013 03:51 PM

When I saw this title I thought "There is no but." Well, there is one tiny design thing. When the window is rolled all the way down, the knob lines up perfectly with my knee. So when the doors are on, I roll the window up just a bit.

itasor 02-16-2013 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by RedJupiter (Post 3433085)
When I saw this title I thought "There is no but." Well, there is one tiny design thing. When the window is rolled all the way down, the knob lines up perfectly with my knee. So when the doors are on, I roll the window up just a bit.

You can remove the handle and put it on in a different position. Most auto parts stores sell the tool to remove it.

SPCmario 02-16-2013 08:33 PM

I hate how you cannot shut off the EPS all the way in the 2012s unless your in 4 low this I'd the 1st car I've owned with all these electronic nannies and I'm not used to it

TURTLECON 02-16-2013 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by SPCmario (Post 3433486)
I hate how you cannot shut off the EPS all the way in the 2012s unless your in 4 low this I'd the 1st car I've owned with all these electronic nannies and I'm not used to it

Install a kill switch or do the steering wheel dance to disable it.

paychex.308 02-16-2013 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by SPCmario (Post 3433486)

zombie did a good write up on installing a kill switch.

BoneShkr 02-16-2013 09:05 PM

OR You Could do This;

Originally Posted by steelefx4 (Post 1254846)
Alright, so I know that this has been run into the ground, but I figured that I would offer up better explained directions.
Reason being, it took me a couple times to get mine disabled, but since then, I have talked to several friends on base and none of them were able to get it to work.

Here's exactly what i told them to do, it worked everytime(2 08's and 1 '09):

1. turn jeep on
2. set to 4hi
3. set parking brake
4. make sure steering wheel is centered
5. turn wheel to the right, 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, you may hear a chime at 5 seconds(and ESP OFF may show up on the speedo), but keep holding for 7 seconds!!!!
6. Turn wheel back to center then left 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, again, hold for 7 seconds!!!
7. turn back to center, and hold ESP for 7 seconds.
8. Turn Jeep off

The notable differences that my friends were getting confused on:
1. One of them was only turning 90 degrees on the wheel
2. All of them were seeing the 'ESP OFF' come up on the speedo and letting go of the button, not holding for the whole 7 seconds.

Hope this helps the people that have not been able to get this to work.

jake

kjeeper10 02-17-2013 06:27 AM

I've had the sprintbooster for a long time now. What a difference it makes.
Paired with my SC tune is a great combo,
Expensive though... If I were to go back another $600 or so could have regeared the diffs.