Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Infinity Sub = Yes :: Bass = No

Old 04-19-2012, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tried the Awesome free mod - Picts to prove it

I tried the mod. I couldn't tell a huge difference and so I put it back the way it was. I think unplugging and plugging the plugs in might have helped some. Then again it might just be that I was listening to a Sublime CD instead of the radio? It didn't want to come out without some prying and even then there wasn't a magnetic push out. I noticed when I tried to put it back in that the magnet really was trying to push it back out. I'm not sure if that is normal?

I'm still thinking the sub is pretty weak. I'm just going to Lower the Mids and Treble down more than I usually do to compensate. Maybe down the road I will find someone with an infinity sub to compare it too..

Notes for those that want to try the mod
  • You need a T20 to get the screen off
  • Mine was really stuck in there. I found that there is a bit of a hole in the bottom that you can put a flat head screwdriver in to help to get it out.
  • There is not just a ton of wire back there. You can take it out about 8". Pretty much just enough to switch the plugs.
  • The plugs are white and there are no real markings on them. They come out by pushing on a spot to relase them

Click image for larger version

Name:	JeepInfinitySubRemovedPlug.JPG
Views:	766
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	306837Click image for larger version

Name:	JeepInfinitySubRemovedPryOut.JPG
Views:	737
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	306838Click image for larger version

Name:	JeepInfinitySubRemovedTop.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	306839
Old 04-20-2012, 01:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What size are the stock subs?
Old 04-20-2012, 01:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason your "eq" settings aren't affecting the subwoofer output is because the subwoofer is linked to the front speakers. This is a common reason people complain of poor sub-they don't know how it works. Put the fader even front to back or more to front. I think my settings are bass=+8, mid=-3, treble=+5. I have an extensive sound reinforcement background and i think it sounds fine-albeit with unusual eq settings. Having said that, I'm not listening to rap and wanting to rattle the neighboring house windows. But I do appreciate a healthy sounding kick drum to my rock music.

Quick Reply: Infinity Sub = Yes :: Bass = No