Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Interior Front Door Panel Removal?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Front Door Panel Removal?

Anyone have instructions how to remove the interior front door panel - the interior colored one? I have a little squeak that I'd like to get to and eliminate.

Thanks,

Patriot
Old 04-02-2007, 02:44 PM
JK Super Freak

REMOVAL

1. Using a standard window handle tool (2), release the handle clips and remove the handle (1) from the window lift mechanism, if equipped with a manual regulator.

NOTE: Full front door shown, rear door similar.

Fig A --

2. Remove the pull handle trim plugs (2) and remove the pull handle screws (3).
3. Remove the screws (1), if equipped.

NOTE: Full front door shown, rear door similar.

Fig B --

4. Using a trim stick C-4829 or equivalent, starting at the bottom by the check strap, separate the push pin fasteners (3) and remove the trim panel (1).
Old 04-02-2007, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

i removed the door panels to install my own power locks... and just be ready for a not fun experience. Its not like you'd expect where you peal the door panel and you're in. You have to peal the panel, then there is another interior panel, and you have to disconnect the glass without breaking anything. Its not something i would like to do again. Good luck
Old 04-18-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Question interior panel

Originally Posted by yellowjeeper85
i removed the door panels to install my own power locks... and just be ready for a not fun experience. Its not like you'd expect where you peal the door panel and you're in. You have to peal the panel, then there is another interior panel, and you have to disconnect the glass without breaking anything. Its not something i would like to do again. Good luck
how you remove the interior panel?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patriot
Anyone have instructions how to remove the interior front door panel - the interior colored one? I have a little squeak that I'd like to get to and eliminate.
I am experiencing this too. Try playing around with your window a little bit. For me it seems only to happen when the window is all the way up. It is probably the most obnoxious little rattle I have ever heard in a car! Good luck getting in there and post up some details if you fix it.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default YellowJeeper !!!

Originally Posted by yellowjeeper85
I was actually thinking of doing this, since power locks will be handy on our minimal rainy days. By the way does the locks use a solid bar for the actuators or is it a wire. Anyways, I may post a thread on this..... Oh yea, how long did it take you !!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make the stealership do it. That way if anything breaks, it's on them.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

How do you get the interior panel off without breaking the window track?
Old 05-27-2007, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CliffCrawler
I was actually thinking of doing this, since power locks will be handy on our minimal rainy days. By the way does the locks use a solid bar for the actuators or is it a wire. Anyways, I may post a thread on this..... Oh yea, how long did it take you !!!!!
wow, sorry i took so long to get back to you on this. The JK uses wires to lock the locks, so i had to get creative with the actuaters. I had to go to Autozone and buy special clips to clip into the tabs on the lock mechanism where the factory locks would have tied in. It took me all day, probably 8 to ten hours. I wired in special clips so the doors still come off, and the rear lock mechanism has to be removed, trimmed for clearance and put back in. I didn't take any pics, and its no simple job. Not impossible, but not simple. I'm thinking about adding power windows next, if i do i'll maybe take some shots. but for now, all i can tell you is that its no picnic. Good luck though.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dennisjeep
how you remove the interior panel?
there are screws but the tricky part is disconnecting the glass without breaking anything. Putting it back together, you just attach the interior panel and slide the glass down really fast and it slips into the clip... but its like a one way process, getting it undone is really akward, you have to unscrew the panel, pull, prod, wedge.. i thought for sure i'd break something, but luckily i didn't.

Quick Reply: Interior Front Door Panel Removal?