Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep will start but guages blank, stuck in park, wipers won't turn off??

Old 10-27-2012, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, check the ground connections in the footwells. I had my Jeep waves her wipers at me when I forgot to hook up the ground connections (which results in the gauge cluster not working).
Old 01-19-2014, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

had this problem with my 2010. put space heater in over nite. back to normal the next day. moisture shorting something out.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Battery. The slightest drop below the threshold as to what the tipm wants to sees in voltage this is always the result
Old 10-22-2014, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Just spent 1 1/2 hours tieing up gas pump on a busy day at Costco.
Filled up. Got back in and wipers are on and wont go out of park!
Triple A just towed it to the shop. I got home and did a search and this came up with this thread.
Now, should I call the shop and say wait, they this! Try What?
Old 10-23-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Had the same thing happen after a heavy rain while on vacation in July. Disconnected battery for 5 min. Started up just fine, and the wipers went back to normal and dash worked properly.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

In my 2010 JKUS with automatic trans there is a section in the Owner's Manual on page 340 titled "Brake/Transmission Interlock Manual Override". It tells you how to override the park interlock which will allow you to drive in "limp" mode to get you to a dealer/mechanic.

I had the wiper, flasher, park thing happen a couple of years ago. I wiggled the multi-function (blinker) level and turned things on and off. All of a sudden the Jeep was like, "never mind" and hasn't done it ever again.

I'm pretty sure it was the "Turbo Encabulator"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag

Last edited by Sahara Lee; 10-24-2014 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Two tow truck drivers couldn't get it out of park. Tried overriding it. Tried pushing switch in the little slot by shifter...it was non existing. Disc connected cable under jeep to Tran and got it in neutral. Auto shop came in the morning and it was ok. If happen again I'll disconnect battery. They told me disconnect both cables from battery and hold together for 30 seconds to discharge. Should reset things. Strangest incident.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default Every find out the cause?

I have the same issue when it pits and clue in he cause?
Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
Help! Running fine yesterday, not sure what's up today. Ideas?
Old 04-21-2018, 09:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bripolicastro
I have the same issue when it pits and clue in he cause?
This happens to my 08 every once in a while after a big rain or if I get anything really wet. It's been happening for years and still haven't been able to track down the issue. Sometimes it last for days, sometimes it corrects itself after a few minutes of the battery disconnected. Something is getting wet and not liking it.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default I haven’t been able to crack it either

Originally Posted by vkoot
This happens to my 08 every once in a while after a big rain or if I get anything really wet. It's been happening for years and still haven't been able to track down the issue. Sometimes it last for days, sometimes it corrects itself after a few minutes of the battery disconnected. Something is getting wet and not liking it.
Its happened to me twice and the first time I tore the jeep apart, pulled the instrument cluster disconnected the battery, ecm, removed my remote start and over all went crazy and problem lasted for days. Second time around I just started it up and turned the heat on full blast and let it bake for a few hours and everything went back to normal but I need to find the problem causing it.

Quick Reply: Jeep will start but guages blank, stuck in park, wipers won't turn off??