Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep will start but guages blank, stuck in park, wipers won't turn off??

Old 05-30-2018, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, from what I'm gathering , it's a TIPM issue. The TIPM needs replaced. 🙄
Old 05-31-2018, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepsySoul
Have you had any luck yet?!
I just picked up my Jeep from the dealership. It was a short in my gauge cluster that was making everything not talk to the computer right. They replaced the entire cluster ($1000 after tax).
Old 05-31-2018, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Mine is going Tuesday...cant wait 😐
Old 04-08-2019, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Having the same problems with my 08 Sahara, any breakthroughs I've tried a rebuilt TIPM no luck!!??
Old 04-08-2019, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Default Fixed!

Mine was due to condensation, I believe. Had the top off, it rained hard, I put the top back on, trapped condensation in it. I hooked an industrial dehumidifier in mine and shut it up for 2 days and she was as good as new! I now keep Damp-Rid under my seats.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

RugbyDuck
1. There's a quick fix that might work if your instrument cluster is OK. Take the battery leads off and clamp them together, if you can give them a couple hours, all the better. Now start again and you might be lucky.
2. The next news is that the TIPM needs to communicate with the instrument cluster, if it doesn't you might be looking for a new instrument cluster.
Old 11-06-2022, 03:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 142 Likes on 140 Posts

Well this just happened to me as well. The jeep ran fine when I parked it. She starts fine and the radio works, the wipers come on but won't stop, the lights go on but won't turn off. The AC won't work and of course nothing on the dash, completely blank. She is parked in a garage and was not in the rain before I parked her so it isn't moisture. I am planning on disconnecting the battery today and see if a reset helps. Not sure about clamping the Pos and Neg together. I have never heard that one before. Seems very odd.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

IMO, I would not clamp pos and neg together ... I'd just take the positive off and ground the negative to the body/frame .. leave off for a lengthy time; several hours if you have time to fully discharge any capacitors storing power.. Good Luck.
Old 11-06-2022, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

I didn't clamp the POS and Neg together. I disconnected the battery, waited about 10 minutes and reconnected. Everything is working fine now. I think the Pos connector is not tightening the way it should. I going to replace the cable connector shortly to make sure this doesn't happen again! It sure is an odd symptom but I will remember this one! HA! Now on to my other odd problem with the RAM!
Old 12-02-2022, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Well this happened again! Jeep starts fine but the wipers run and don't stop. The dash is blank the interior lights are off but the radio works. Nothing else is lite up and it won't come out of park! I think I will get a new battery unless someone has an update to this issue?

Quick Reply: Jeep will start but guages blank, stuck in park, wipers won't turn off??