Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Help!

Old 04-18-2013, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top Help!

I recently bought my 07 it came with a hard top I am looking for a short top. I would like to spend the least amount of money as possible but I also don't want to get stuck with junk.
What exactly do I need incase I decide to buy piece by piece?
Thanks!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check CL and eBay for someone selling a complete top, there's plenty around. You will be better off getting the top, hardware and door surrounds all at once vs trying to piece something together.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Hart3528
I recently bought my 07 it came with a hard top I am looking for a short top. I would like to spend the least amount of money as possible but I also don't want to get stuck with junk.
What exactly do I need incase I decide to buy piece by piece?
Thanks!
Hart,

Buying it piece by piece can be tough and also will be more expensive than buying the whole thing as one. If you are looking for something cheap just to run when you have the hard top off, look into a bikini top rather than a full soft top.

We carry the Bestop Cable Safari Bikiniand it's basically a standard bikini top but it has an internal cable system. Which keeps it taught and wont allow it to flap around or pool water. It will keep the inside of the Jeep dry and still give you an open air feel.

Let me know if there's any other questions you have. I'll be happy to help!

-Zach
Old 04-20-2013, 03:43 AM
JK Newbie

I just bought a soft top for my 09 of Craigslist for $175. Remember if you are buying it piece by piece that they changed the tops in 2011 I believe and they will fit previous models but the door surrounds are different so you need the door surrounds from the same year as the top not the car. If you can find the newer soft top get it because I believe they made the windows bigger and more leak proof.

Quick Reply: Soft Top Help!