Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jump Seat or Foldable options for JKU

Old 05-29-2019, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump Seat or Foldable options for JKU

Hi Everyone,
I am interested in a jumpseat or foldable option for 3rd row. I live on a lake w 3 kiddos ( 2 teenagers and a toddler), a Cane Corso and a Siberian Husky. During the summer my 1/2 km ride, there are always friends ect who want to tag along. So instead of just throwing them in trunk ( I live in Italy so those kinds of DOT rules do NOT apply here and I can do that) I was hoping to find a alternative to adding a whole 3rd row because then the Pups wouldn’t fit any more.
Has anyone used or know about jumpseats, foldables or some kind of temporary seating that is easy to take in and out! We have other vehicles for everyday stuff, but who doesn’t love hitting the lake in a Jeep w the top off!

******Before I get the million safety lectures;
I am aware most accidents happen w/in 1km from home. I am aware that a 3rd row/jumpseat option isn’t included in the stock safety regs. I know wanting to have space for my 60kg pup isn’t more important than my children, as I try to be a good Mom I also have the good ole Mini Van for when we actually go places! This is simply to drive to the lake and back! So please simply help answer the question posed, I can get lectured by Mom any day of the week! Thanks
Thanks in Advance,
Melanie
Old 05-29-2019, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lil passenger seats used to have a seat the folded up/went in sideways but they are now out of business. Would recommend ebay or Craig's list to see if you can find someone selling one.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Other option would be normal third seat mod + https://crewbed.com/ and dogs could be in "truck bed" portion. Not sure if they would together but that is the only thing I can think of.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Hey JDaPP, thanks for both your responses! I always try to do a little research before I post ‘cause I don’t want to seem like the Noob I am! I had found the Little Passengers online and saw they went out of business, and honesty not sure shipping seats overseas is an easy task. I will be in NY over the summer and will check ebay and CL to see what options I have.

The Crew Bed is awesome! Will consider it for camping, but for the pups it’s unfortunately not an option. At last weigh in my 7mo pup is 60kg and all Black, he is a mean looking babe and scares the sh*t outta most people, so having him hanging out the back probably isn’t a great idea lmfao ( I have the hard core safari straps from the back front seats to the tailgate now so he isn’t very noticeable. Although it would probably be super fun to see peoples reaction. Thanks again, Melanie

Quick Reply: Jump Seat or Foldable options for JKU