Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

clutch problems!

Old 04-02-2016, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problems!

Hey Y'all! My clutch went out on my 07 jku on my birthday and the guy and I have been troubleshooting and I'm at a loss. We have replaced the master, and I got the new hose in yesterday(it was worn and leaking at the master) and the slave just won't bleed. I have read too many forums to know so I'm asking....is the bleeder on the slave a half or full turn? We can get it to turn clockwise a half turn but even the vacuum bleeder tool I bough isn't doing a dang thing. I did finally get some pressure built up last night after fitting the hose in and attempting to bleed the clutch but I felt a small pop when I pushed down on the clutch after multiple pumps and lost it all. Has anyone had to deal with this? How do i get the thing to bleed or do I suck it up and just replace the slave? Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom!
Old 04-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The slave has a half turn to open the bleeder. You need to make sure that your brake fluid reservoir is almost to the brim to ensure fluid is getting to your slave before you attempt to bleed it. I bled it as you'd bleed brakes without any vacuum assistance. Parking the vehicle on a steep decline did seem to help allow the air to naturally gravitate towards the top.

A new slave is only $80 if you go that route. Rock auto will sell you a mopar slave for that price.

Quick Reply: clutch problems!