Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Straps

Old 04-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Toz
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top Straps

Anyone know what the two straps with buttons are for that came with the soft top? Also, anyone using the original cover that came with the soft top to cover it up when it is folded all the way down? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

the straps with the buttons are for holdin the rear window rolled up. but they do not recommend using them because the window will look terrible with scratches. i used them everytime on my yj and i had to replace the rear window after about 3 years because i could not see out if it at all.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

I have the 08 2dr. I believe they are for when you fold the "sunrider" top back, use these straps to secure around the top's frame about three inches from the fold. There is a good video on how to do this on jeep.com
The sunrider portion is just the top over the front seats, not to be confused with putting the whole top down.
I didn't get a boot cover with mine so I can't help you on that one.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

They are to hold the rear window rolled up. And yes my rear window is a little scratched.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

The ones hanging from the rear on my JK are elastic and do not seem to "open" in any way. I do not see how this is supposed to work to hold the rolled up window???
Old 04-16-2008, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scott110
The ones hanging from the rear on my JK are elastic and do not seem to "open" in any way. I do not see how this is supposed to work to hold the rolled up window???
they slide over the ends when rolled all the way up
Old 04-16-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ANTHONYLIMOMAN
the straps with the buttons are for holdin the rear window rolled up. but they do not recommend using them because the window will look terrible with scratches. i used them everytime on my yj and i had to replace the rear window after about 3 years because i could not see out if it at all.
X2 YEP MINE TOO...
Old 04-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Toz
JK Newbie

So when you take the rear window out you roll it up and put the elastic straps around it?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

depending on how lazy i feel i use the elastic straps to hold the back window halfway (not rolled up) so you have half the window open or i just unzip the whole thing and lay it flat in the back
Old 04-17-2008, 02:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toz
So when you take the rear window out you roll it up and put the elastic straps around it?
No... well... you could...

But you just unzip each side of the window, straight up, so it's still zippered on the top. Roll up your window to the top. With the straps buttoned to the top, just stretch them around the ends of the rolled window. Window will dangle snapped and zippered at the top.

Quick Reply: Soft Top Straps