Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Manual Transmission repair help needed!

Old 11-22-2014, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Manual Transmission repair help needed!

I own a 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2-door sport with 3.6L engine
The only upgrade that would cause this situation is my 35" mud tires and I never re-geared or put on a better clutch.
My Jeep has 56k miles on it and on the clutch. I also learned how to drive stick on this jeep.

Ill explain the whole story so who ever plans on trying to help me can get an idea of what happened. So I was driving home and I haven't driven my jeep in a while and I was shift down from 5th gear to 4th but slid across to 2nd thinking it was 4th and realized I had slid into 2nd. When I put my clutch back down and pulled it out of 2nd, I was unable to put my car in gear anymore. When I would push the clutch pedal down it felt like it had no weight behind it. With the car off, you could shift into every gear including reverse. Also, the only way the car could be moved is by starting the car in first. The clutch is unable to assist in putting the car in gear while the car is on. We originally thought the slave cylinder or master clutch cylinder was busted, so we replaced it and it did not help out our issue. We bled the line to make sure no air was in the line as well. We have an idea that it is the throw out bearing that is the issue. If you have any idea on what it please tell me what it is!

If you also have any more questions of the power train, I will try to update the thread with the specs.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would bet its the throw out bearing too. but at least its a jeep and easy to work on

Quick Reply: Manual Transmission repair help needed!