Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Misfire cylinder 1

Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PLOTTHOUND
Depending on how old the plugs and wires are id go ahead and spend the money to replace 'em and see if that fixes the problem. In fact you could just swap the wire for another wire on the engine and see if that cylinder misfires instead. I don't know what type of wire you have or how many miles are on them but the carbon core wires tend to wear out on the inside where you can't see. Hope this helps...
Found the problem. I went to pull the wire on plug one and it disintergrated/snapped in my hand leaving the metal connector sitting at the end of the plug. Looks like cylinders 246 all have nice new wires and the hard to reach passenger side was not done. so now I need a new wire, maybe all 3. Are the dealer ones OK or is there a better aftermarket option.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

you would have to move the plug too and see if the problem follows it.

If the wires did get changed and not routed correctly it could cause a misfire too.

You posted while I was typing.

The wires you get at the local autoparts store will be just as good or better than the stock ones and cost you less.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by duneslider
you would have to move the plug too and see if the problem follows it.

If the wires did get changed and not routed correctly it could cause a misfire too.

You posted while I was typing.

The wires you get at the local autoparts store will be just as good or better than the stock ones and cost you less.
Cool Napa has some in stock. Looks like it's going to be a real pia trying to route them round back of the engine. Oh well something to do this weekend.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

It isn't that bad to do. Its kind of a pain but not that bad.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

New wires did the trick. Now growls like an angry bulldog. It is a bitch getting the wires out and feeding new ones behind the engine. Snapped most of the plastic clips,thankfully zip ties work just aswell. Banged my head on the hood (Ouch,blood splat) ,It's hard working on a lifted Jeep, spent most time kneeling on the stinger bumper. Anyway thanks to all for advice.

Quick Reply: Misfire cylinder 1