Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by DV8 Offroad
Click Here

Mopar Part Number Web Sources?

Old 07-09-2019, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 122 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Mopar Part Number Web Sources?

Hi Folks,
On my 2009 JKU 3.8L, I got a P0128 code which seems to point to either the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor or a Thermostat. I'm suspecting Thermostat based on some previous symptom observations. I'm going to change both since they're both overdue for replacement.

However, I was trying to look up the correct Mopar P/Ns and for the ECT sensor using Google and I came across conflicting information. One source came up as P/N: 5269870AB and another showed 5149077AB. This got me thinking, that I wish I knew of a reliable Mopar website which I could put the make, model, and year of my JK into and it would give me a more reliable answer.

Which Website do you use to find a correct Mopar part number replacement part?

While we're at, a sanity check for the Mopar ECT P/N and Thermostat for the JK 3.8L would be great.

I'm currently leaning towards these.

ECT Mopar P/N: 5149077AB
Thermostat Mopar P/N: 68210220AA

Thanks!

Last edited by Rednroll; 07-09-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:18 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 266 Likes on 254 Posts

I usually use the official Mopar site (store.mopar.com) and enter my vehicle info. It's the most convoluted effing pos site on the entire web IMO. I get pissed off every single time I have to locate a part number on this jeep.

Looking up using your '09 info, I see the same part number for the coolant temp sensor, but i see 68273161AA as your thermostat
Old 07-09-2019, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 91 Likes on 88 Posts

I use my parts catalog but it isn't online like what you're asking for. I've got the 2010 downloaded and the 07 in the cloud. I'll look later and see if I have it available for the 09 and if I do then I'll share it and you can keep it in your cloud. I'm pretty sure Mr. T and Ronjenx use the same diagrams when giving advice.

I can tell you that the Sensor, Coolant Temperature for the 2010 is 05149096AB and Thermostat is showing as 04666140AA if you wanted to try crossing part numbers off your list.....though I suspect they all interchange and supersede eat h other to a degree. I wouldn't fool around with getting different oxygen sensor numbers from other years but I'd give these two a try.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

This is crazy isn't it?

I looked for the site Resharp suggested and found the one linked below instead.

So I can punch my vehicle info in and it's giving me the following search results when searching on "Thermostat" and "Coolant Temperature Sensor". The thing I like about this site is that at least it provides photos of the actual part and links to further diagrams.

Thermostat: 68273161AA
https://www.moparsalesdirect.com/oem...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D
ECT: 5149077AB
https://www.moparsalesdirect.com/oem...MtOGwtdjYtZ2Fz

Instinct usually tells me that whatever the highest numerical P/N I tend to find, then to go with that one. Which had me leaning towards 5149096AB for the ECT that Karl provided but the link above for the ECT shows 5149077AB "replaces" 5149096AB. WTF!?
Old 07-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

So now I'm shopping on Ebay where some of the listings have more information.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-OEM-C...sAAOSwyAdci4iM

ECT: P/N 5149077AB
Superseded P/Ns: 5149077AA, 5149096AB, 5149096AA

Other P/Ns: 68045803AA 68060339AA

Old 07-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

I think I'm going with these P/Ns, kind of feels like a crap shoot anyhow.

Thermostat: 68273161AA
ECT: 5149077AB
Old 07-09-2019, 10:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 266 Likes on 254 Posts

While we're on the parts diagram/number topic, you know what else burns me? You can go online and locate a Nissan part on a diagram, and get this, it's actually cheaper if you just select pick up from a local dealer's stock, or have it shipped to that dealer. There's a novel idea! cheaper to buy local rather than have to by from a dealer across the country on ebay! What I don't get in that regard though is if you call the Nissan dealer directly, you're paying the higher price, so I just go online, order, pick up from the same person that would have answered the phone had I called them.

Out of the various vehicles I've owned, I think Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge has been the worst at the parts diagram/locating game.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 91 Likes on 88 Posts

My book just shows what they had installed at the factory so your number superseding mine could be accurate. It would be nice if they had a whole list of where it started, what's replaced what, and go from there.

A fun one is door seals for the passenger and driver side. So there's a U and a W revision, or something very far down the line like those, and it turns out that they went to W and then turned around and came back to U which indicates a better design in U or just a manufacturer change.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by resharp001 View Post
While we're on the parts diagram/number topic, you know what else burns me? You can go online and locate a Nissan part on a diagram, and get this, it's actually cheaper if you just select pick up from a local dealer's stock, or have it shipped to that dealer. There's a novel idea! cheaper to buy local rather than have to by from a dealer across the country on ebay! What I don't get in that regard though is if you call the Nissan dealer directly, you're paying the higher price, so I just go online, order, pick up from the same person that would have answered the phone had I called them.

Out of the various vehicles I've owned, I think Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge has been the worst at the parts diagram/locating game.
I used to do something similar with Mopar parts. I found that all of these Mopar "online" sites are actually dealership parts departments hosting secondary websites. I learned that when I purchased my Mopar BBK. I ordered the BBK from a website which showed it's address was in my area and to save on shipping cost of about $100, I selected local pickup. I drive to the address provided and learned it was a dealership.

So I would often call them on the phone and the conversation would go like this.,"Hey, do you have this Part number in stock?"...."Yes, we do it's $90, would you like me to pull it and hold it for you?" "Well, can I get it for the $55 price you have it listed for through your online website?" "Sorry sir, you'll have to place the order online to get that online price." "Ok, no problem". Hang up the phone, I order the part online on their website, select local pick-up then call them back. "Hey, do you have my order ready for pick-up yet? It's order number 1234ABCD, I placed it about 30 minutes ago" "Let me check.....Yes sir, that part was in stock, you can come pick it up anytime." "Ok, thanks!"

So that website used to be at the link below but they stopped their online parts service, so now I have to find another local dealerships website that does online sales.
Auto PartsWebsite

Last edited by Rednroll; 07-09-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Quadratec has them all usually and good diagrams too. Plus they price match, free shipping. I have had great experiences with them and I don't say that often.

https://www.quadratec.com/parts/wrangler-jk

Quick Reply: Mopar Part Number Web Sources?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: