Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Mud and Clutch - Bad Combo

Old 08-14-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kingteddybear
This may be what you are looking for:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...hose-extension

Hope it helps
thanks king are there anyother things I can give air support to down there? So does that mean you aren't suppose to play in puddles with stock JK's?
Old 08-14-2010, 11:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by daubie
of course we could drive around. We could take a drive to the mall to but what fun would that be?
I don't call getting mud and water in the clutch, and everywhere else for that matter fun. I also don't think paying an expensive tow home and replacing the clutch afterwards is fun either.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt852
thanks king are there anyother things I can give air support to down there? So does that mean you aren't suppose to play in puddles with stock JK's?
I believe the transfer case has a breather tube as well. You can play in puddles all day long if that's your thing. Keep in mind that the breather tubes are a couple feet long, so just because your diffs are submerged doesn't mean they're taking in water. If you become familiar with how high the breather tubes go, you can judge how deep you can go into water without hurting anything. And, like I said earlier, you can extend all of them to be as long as you want.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DTJK
I don't call getting mud and water in the clutch, and everywhere else for that matter fun. I also don't think paying an expensive tow home and replacing the clutch afterwards is fun either.
No rocks in southeast Texas, what we have is dirt, water, mud and the beach.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

So besides taking apart the clutch is there another way to clean that place out? can I just simply blast it through the holes which they got in with my powerwasher?

Quick Reply: Mud and Clutch - Bad Combo