Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Multiple problems need help; leaks, noises, and heat.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple problems need help; leaks, noises, and heat.

Hey all, long time reader first time poster. I’ve never really had a need to post since most of my questions were asked on various forums, but I’ve got one now that I haven’t really seen asked yet.

Too long don’t want to read:
• Top leaked on drivers side hard top
• Pulled carpets noticed a new pssssssssssssssscccccct noise like the compressor turning on or off
• Noticed heat no longer works (no heat at all)
• Help with any of those would be great

So about 2 months ago I noticed a noise when I let off the gas while in gear. You know the noise the compressor makes when it turns on or off (that pssssssssssssssssssssssccccccccccccct). Well its almost exactly that noise, except it’ll happen until my RPMs drop enough (haven’t really noticed at what RPM). I don’t know if this is a completely new noise or not because I started noticing it after I pulled the carpets because my hardtop started leaking. When I say leak I mean nothing in my jeep is wet but the floor and my seatbelt (it comes from the freedom top on the drivers side just not sure how…any help on this would also be appreciated).

Well I think the noise correlates with another problem I’m having, NO HEAT. I just noticed this when we had a cold day about a week ago. I have seen problems for this and its starting to really concern me. However lots of people say they have no heat on 1 side, I have no heat at all. I’m taking it this week to get a coolant flush, hopefully that clears any casting sand issues I have (fingers crossed).

2013 JKU, Rubicon, Manual, Hardtop

Quick Reply: Multiple problems need help; leaks, noises, and heat.