Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is my 2015 JK ESC/TCS/ABS cutting throttle?

Old 05-25-2015, 12:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my 2015 JK ESC/TCS/ABS cutting throttle?

Hi, I finally got to take my stock 2015 Rubi out to Hollister to play - great truck! However going up a long steep hill climb track (in 4L, front and rear locked), the engine kept cutting power, revving up then cutting power and so on. I got up, but damn it killed my momentum. Is this ESC/TCS/ABS? I thought it is all disabled in 4L?

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2015, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DogeJeep
Hi, I finally got to take my stock 2015 Rubi out to Hollister to play - great truck! However going up a long steep hill climb track (in 4L, front and rear locked), the engine kept cutting power, revving up then cutting power and so on. I got up, but damn it killed my momentum. Is this ESC/TCS/ABS? I thought it is all disabled in 4L?

Thanks!
If you were in 4L none of that should of come into play..
Old 05-31-2015, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revving up and cutting power

It sounds like what the esc would be doing if it was supposed to be engaged. But as above poster said in 4L esc should not be engaged. Mine is an 11 if it was a 15 with warrantee I would have it checked out. When this was occurring was your abs lighting up on the dash?

Quick Reply: Is my 2015 JK ESC/TCS/ABS cutting throttle?