JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   MyGig 430N RHB (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/mygig-430n-rhb-165564/)

evan631 02-24-2011 10:54 AM

MyGig 430N RHB

Anyone know if there is an update for the new MyGig 430N RHB in the '11 JKs?

I have several issues:
-BlueTooth streaming does not work from iphone 3gs ios 4
-cannot hook iphone to USB for ipod...error loading
-Sirius Travel link does not appear

I know there is an update for the RER units, but haven't found on for the RHB 430s.

Thanks

-Evan

speed2005 02-24-2011 11:13 AM

I guess that’s why they just stopped putting them in 2011’s. They are back to the old units now

mtod 02-24-2011 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by speed2005 (Post 2120008)
I guess that’s why they just stopped putting them in 2011’s. They are back to the old units now

Where did you hear that I have the same problem the dealer said that a new update would be coming out with in a few weeks.

evan631 02-24-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by speed2005 (Post 2120008)

really? i did not hear this. interesting.

Paws 02-24-2011 12:14 PM

Yeah if that were an issue there would be a recall i would think. What is your source?

evan631 02-24-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Paws (Post 2120146)
Yeah if that were an issue there would be a recall i would think. What is your source?

I believe in another posted he said His January order was canceled because they are now using last years unit. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ighlight=mygig

However, i have a friend that just took delivery of his JK yesterday, and has the Garmin unit. So i am not so sure what that is all about.

I have just sent an email to the Jeep people and see what they have to say.

Keep you posted!

speed2005 02-24-2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by evan631 (Post 2120183)
I believe in another posted he said His January order was canceled because they are now using last years unit. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ighlight=mygig

However, i have a friend that just took delivery of his JK yesterday, and has the Garmin unit. So i am not so sure what that is all about.

I have just sent an email to the Jeep people and see what they have to say.

Keep you posted!

Yes, My first order was placed around Jan 15th. It was not moving for a month and then it was canceled by the factory due to the navigation unit. They had to re-order and now he tells ne tha Navigation is back to the old one.

If your buddy took delivery yesterday, he probably got his order in before Jan 15th

evan631 02-24-2011 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by speed2005 (Post 2120768)
Yes, My first order was placed around Jan 15th. It was not moving for a month and then it was canceled by the factory due to the navigation unit. They had to re-order and now he tells ne tha Navigation is back to the old one.

If your buddy took delivery yesterday, he probably got his order in before Jan 15th

Im curious to see if Jeep has anything to say. I will let you know when i hear back.

The interesting thing with my buddy...when he ordered his JK; his salesman said he did not need the Uconnect for BlueTooth phone. I told my friend you do, the dealer said listen you do not, but when it comes in and if it does not work we will put it in for you. Jeep came in and sure enough no phone capabilities. Now the dealer wouldn't honor the deal they made even though he has emails from his salesman saying they would honor it. Long story short...after many battles of back and forth they ordered a new vehicle...and all is good. However the dealer now has a Tan Sahara fully loaded without BluTooth phone.

His orignal order was before the new year, but the second order was well into January i believe.

speed2005 02-24-2011 05:51 PM

just want tp jeep.com abd built a JKU Sahara.

Look at this shit!

Media Center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV $1,035

Media Center 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV $1,845

WTF is this :eek2::thinking: They have two options now. Which one is which?

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7368/jknav.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

speed2005 02-24-2011 06:02 PM

Evan 631, which one do you have?

Paws 02-24-2011 10:13 PM

Wow. That is unbelievable ! I like my 430n and now they pull this. WTF. That still doesnt explain the issues with the 430n. I hope that's fixable.

mvbeggs 02-25-2011 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by evan631 (Post 2120842)
...The interesting thing with my buddy...when he ordered his JK; his salesman said he did not need the Uconnect for BlueTooth phone. I told my friend you do, the dealer said listen you do not, but when it comes in and if it does not work we will put it in for you. Jeep came in and sure enough no phone capabilities. Now the dealer wouldn't honor the deal...

Had the same experience when ordering my Jeep. I thought I needed Uconnect, dealer said no. Jeep came in, no phone capabilities. When I went to pick up the Jeep, the GM came out and admitted their mistake and said they would put the Uconnect unit in. He said they would have already done it, but didn't have the correct part in stock. No arguing, no screaming... the dealer simply did the "stand up" thing. Bought my Jeep from Landmark Jeep in Independence, MO. General Manager is Rick Pringle.

Just thought everyone should hear about a good dealer. :thumbsup:

evan631 02-25-2011 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by speed2005 (Post 2120909)
Evan 631, which one do you have?

I have the 430N with all the problems of the iphone.

I have heard the Nav maps are better in the 730 versus the 430 garmin maps.

The price difference you are seeing here still leaves the 430 cheaper even with the uConnect.

and look at this little bit of info i just saw: Media Center 730n includes Sirius Traffic. I would have liked that!

-Evan

evan631 02-25-2011 08:48 AM

Jeep's response to my email...

Here is Jeep's response:

Thank you for contacting the Jeep Customer Assistance Center regarding
your 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

Unfortunately, we are unable to diagnose the situation you have outlined
in your email. There are too many variables involved and a detailed
inspection of your vehicle is required for proper diagnosis. We
recommend that you contact your authorized Chrysler Group dealership for
an appointment for thorough testing, diagnosis and repair.

Chrysler Group dealerships have the appropriate training, equipment and
information available to them to diagnose and correct concerns with our
vehicles. They will also be able to directly charge any warranty repair
work to us.

The Travel Link software is being validated. You will be contacted via
mail when the upgrade is available. When the software upgrade is
available you will need to contact their dealer to schedule an
appointment to have the Radio updated with the Travel Link feature.
Customers affected by this upgrade will receive Travel Link feature when
it becomes available (targeted for April 2011) for the balance of their
Sirius audio subscription plus 1 year additional Sirius/Travel Link
Service.

Thank you for being a part of Jeep, have a nice day!
Typical corporate response, however they will be working on the travel link feature.

speed2005 02-25-2011 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by evan631 (Post 2122016)
Here is Jeep's response:Typical corporate response, however they will be working on the travel link feature.

that response = fail. Why not just type: I donno

Normak111 03-01-2011 05:43 PM

I got a final crap answer on this same problem today from jeep customer care and the dealership. Jeep has recognized that there is aproblem with software. My main issues are the travel link, and Sirrus Traffic do not work or even show up! I just got my jeep in the 1st of Jan and from week 1 they said they never heard of this problem....CHEAP ONE.
So they told me that there are working on the software update and it will not be availabe until LATE APRIL. They still do not know if it will be sent out to the customers or if it will be flashing update by dealer!? Service manager told me they are under the mercy of Garmin because they make the Software updates; and since they are dropping the 430n from 2011 and going back to 730n who knows what will really happen! CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!:sad2:

mvbeggs 03-02-2011 04:19 AM

RHB- will still be used

I have a 2011 with the RHB radio with a V3 Lockpik. After installing the Lockpik, I found out there are some issues with switching to the front camera from the back camera. I called Lockpik, they were aware of the problem. They said they woudl be working on a solution in the next couple of months. When I started reading this thread I became concerned that Lockpik would stop working on a fix if the raido was not going to be uesd. Lockpik verified that Jeep will continue to use this radio in the 2012's and that they will provide the fix for the RHB radios.

kc4mne 03-09-2011 05:26 AM

Any news on a fix. I Pod feature on my iphone does not work

evan631 03-09-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by kc4mne (Post 2149572)
Any news on a fix. I Pod feature on my iphone does not work

No news yet. But keep checking the forum, as soon as we get the word someone will post.

Nowhere_Man 04-12-2011 01:08 PM

I purchased a 2011 Rubicon unlimited with everything but the smoker's package on 2/26/2011. It came from the factory with the RHB that I had ordered. Hope that helps as far as are they still using this radio. I have an original droid phone with no issues, so no help on the iPod troubles.

Desert.Rat 04-13-2011 11:15 AM

430N issues

Purchased brand new 2011 JK with 430N and Uconnect group. Ipod doesnt work and Uconnect doesnt work. Good thing I kept the dealer specs sticker b/c I will go back in a week or so and have them fix it. On another positive note, got mud on the 430n screen and buttons and it still works fine. I better clean it before I bring it in huh. Hopefully this April upgrade will fix it.

evan631 04-13-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Desert.Rat (Post 2228443)
Purchased brand new 2011 JK with 430N and Uconnect group. Ipod doesnt work and Uconnect doesnt work. Good thing I kept the dealer specs sticker b/c I will go back in a week or so and have them fix it. On another positive note, got mud on the 430n screen and buttons and it still works fine. I better clean it before I bring it in huh. Hopefully this April upgrade will fix it.

Uconnect should work for the phone.

As for the ipod, and bluetooth streaming...we will need an update for the 430. It is not available as of two weeks ago when i was at the dealer.

Once it is avail, you should be able to download it yourself and do the update via CD. Just read instructions carefully.

-Evan

GeorgesJeep 06-12-2011 12:01 PM

Not to bring back a thread from the dead but I'd like to share my recent findings on this annoying issue.

Just to let you guys know. I have a 2011 equipped with the 430N RHB. I have a jailbroken 3GS iPhone which was previously running off 3.1.3 firmware. I was having no issues with bluetooth or direct connectivity. It worked perfect.

Last week I decided to upgrade my iPhone firmware to the latest version of 4.3.3. I did this without researching any issues others may have been having with the 4.3.3 firmware. I restored my iPhone to manufacture settings and updated the firmware, I then jailbroke it. I was happy to have the latest firmware on the phone, however that was short lived. Turns out the 430N RHB software is not compatible with the 4.X iPhone firmware, only 3.X. Okay well that's bad. It gets even better, Apple's latest firmware release turns out to kill the 3GS of its battery life and service reception. The 4.X firmware was designed to run off a iPhone 4 not 3GS. Apple is working on repairing the issue, so they say. I just downgraded back to the 3.1.3 firmware and the iPhone once again works perfect with the 430N RHB.

So, if you have a 430N RHB, note that your unit will only work with a iPhone using 3.X firmware until the 430N RHB software is updated or Apple fixes the issue on their end. I'm not holding my breath for either of them. :sad2:

I’ll most likely end up purchasing the MyGig LockPick CHR-550 due to all the cool features it offers, Netflix streaming from iPhone to MyGig, DVD viewing while in drive just to name a few.

Firewire 07-03-2011 08:21 PM

For the OP,

I just did the update this evening and it is very simple. Just be sure and copy ONLY the files IN the RHB update folder on the cd, not the folder itself. The extra files are just instructions (scans) of the original instructions.

Here is a link from the Mygig forum on where and how to do it: RHB 430N Update

The RAR file from the link on the Mygig forum is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?fx6hx7eae1zys5p

Firewire 07-04-2011 02:44 PM

Well....now the Iphone 4 ver. 4.3.3 won't connect, but 1 out 6-10 times. Keeps saying "Reading" then after a minute or so "Error Occurred".

I did some research on google which took me to a Challenger forum and the fix was a technical bulletin for the dealership to update the Uconnect device.

Service Bulletin 08-036-11 June 29, 2011

My wife is not happy with me now! I upgraded mine last night and never checked the iphone compatibility and then upgraded hers this morning. She called me quickly after leaving telling me it no longer worked. Her iphone is on ver. 4.2 by the way.

I wish I could go back to the old version now.