Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Nasty Attitude worked at Jeep today. Torque Converter

Old 02-12-2007, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nasty Attitude worked at Jeep today. Torque Converter

Well, my dilemma with my JK's Trashed Torque Converter is just about over! Drove down to my Jeep dealer today, and informed them that I was going to contact the State Attorney's General Office regarding the Lemon Law. I didn't buy my Jeep to stare at it all day long.......

Prior, the Dealer wasn't much helpful. They told me that no Converters were being shipped, and that I had to wait. After exchanging words with other Customers present, the General Service Manager came out, with apologies, and assured me that he would personally take care of this for me, and any other problem that I may be experiencing.

I had my doubts.. After my arrival home, I received a call from him, and my NEW Converter will be here tomorrow morning, (TUESDAY) at about 9:00AM. They had one shipped via Overnight UPS. FINALLY my NEW Jeep JK "X" Unlimited will get fixed, and soon will be enjoying the drive.

He also mentioned that the old Converter may be the reason that I'm getting lousy Gas Mileage. About 13.2-14.2 We'll see about that one. Anyhow, I HATE being a jerk, but sometimes that's what it take's to get things done. In this instance, it paid off, or so let's hope it has.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Good deal....let us know how it all works out after the new converter is installed.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Glad To Hear It Hopefully It Shows Up
Old 02-12-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job! I new they didn't call you lionhart for nothin'.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Apparently, I wasn't nasty enough...

Anyway, Jeep called me prior to my appointment. My supposed Torque Converter is on BACK ORDER along with everyone else's. ETA is about 2 weeks. (Of course that's what they told me 2 weeks ago too) They asked whether or not I was going to pursue the LEMON status on my Jeep with the State. Thought that was odd, especially since they told me NOT to fill out their questioner from Jeep when I get it in the mail. Actually, their words were, "If you can't say anything nice, just toss it in the garbage". Excuse me????? I contacted Chrysler DC via email on Saturday. They CALLED my dealer about my situation yesterday. From the sounds of things, DC wasn't all that polite, but hell, who's DC to get nasty when Chrysler isn't even shipping these Converters??? I don't understand it. It seems as if NOBODY is on the same page. I told them today that I will wait no more than another 14 days. (I emailed that to Chrysler DC that as well) If my Converter isn't in by then, I'm turning the Vehicle back over as a LEMON. The Salesman WILL NOT call me back in regards to this either, no matter HOW MANY messages I leave. They ordered me a new Converter over 10 days ago. Now their saying another 2 weeks. I'm sure when that deadline come's around, it will be ANOTHER 2 weeks. Getting sick of this crap........Oh yeah, mentioned the issues with the Power Steering. I was told, "You sure ain't having much luck with your Jeep." No sh*t..........
Old 02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
JK Jedi Master

Id fill out the survey.. i did, i havent heard anything back yet..

Sucks about your jeep, I havent heard of anyone having this issue..

I'd show up, and turn it in on that date.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks! It seems that there has to be a pile of converters on the assembly line. Someone needs to physically walk over to the pile, grab one, stick it in a box, and overnight it. I realize there is a little more red tape than that but come on, you can't be making new vehicles without spare parts. I would call DC and keep asking each person you talk to, that doesn't satisfy you, who their manager is, and say you want to speak to them. Do this until you get some satisfaction. When some manager tries to tell you there is nobody above him ask him if he is the CEO, if he says no, then say there must be someone higher than you then. Eventually, you will get to someone that wont want his boss pissed off because it got that far.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default Questionnairre

Hold on to that questionnaire! I used it as leverage against my salesman to get some things done early on! Tell them you are not going to fill it out until you are 100% satisfied. It is good leverage, as the salesman cares ALOT about what is put into those things... The dealership may not as much, but the salesman does.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

start the lemon law now.you do not have to do it but if you don"t start now and it turns out to be 2 more weeks how long to you get a new jeep?plus it helps to motivate them and depending on your state d/c may have to be notified so they can fix the problem and if you don't the out of service time may not count.

give them hell!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

The Lemon Law thing was a waste of time for me with DC back in 2002 on a 2001 Dodge Sport 1500 X cab I bought because I was "nice" and waited. Brakes kept failing and would lobe really bad. I filed the Lemon Law forms after the 5th time in the shop. They came back to me and said that the last 2 incidents (back to back within a week) were outside the period to correct and blew me off. I finally got smart and took it to my mechanic who found it was a bad portioning valve.

I'd make sure to file ASAP if you think it's gonna be a regular thing. I didn't and lost!!

Quick Reply: Nasty Attitude worked at Jeep today. Torque Converter