JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Need some Accessory Ideas (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/need-some-accessory-ideas-87363/)

Techguy 05-23-2009 09:38 PM

Need some Accessory Ideas

Ok so I am looking at adding a few more things to the jeep. I am not looking to upgrade the suspension, tires, rims or anything else that would void my aftermarket warranty (7 years and 90,000 miles to go).

For details on my Jeep check out my signature.

Current Ideas:

- Misch 4X4 Products Trash Can
- MasterCraft® Front & Rear Sport Handles
- Sylvania SilverStar Halogen Headlamp & Foglight bulbs
- Gorilla High Security Wheel Lock Set
- Cool Tech - Tailgate Gas Strut Kit
- Cool Tech - Hood Gas Strut Kit

bluerubicon08 05-23-2009 09:58 PM

How about some Dual Fire Extinguisher holders, some auxillary LED footwell lighting, sickers/decals to customize, a CB Radio and Spare Tire Antenna Mount, Camp Shelf mounted to tailgate (my mod coming soon), Trimmed Fenders (the write-ups on here are awesome), some Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, A Velcro Mag Lite Holder, Mirror Relocators.... the list goes on forever and the party never ends:brows:

nthinuf 05-23-2009 10:14 PM

Cool Tech - Hood Gas Strut Kit
-Modified hood, warranty denied...

Cool Tech - Tailgate Gas Strut Kit
-Modified tailgate, warranty denied...

Sylvania SilverStar Halogen Headlamp & Foglight bulbs
-Modified electrical system, warranty denied...

Ok, so it's late and I needed a laugh.... :rotflmao2:

Relo mirror brackets for doors off fun should be way up on the list.
Some type of bikini top.
Any and/or all of the cheap DIY mods from the write-ups section bluerubi suggested.

Techguy 05-23-2009 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by nthinuf (Post 1141710)

Some type of bikini top.
Any and/or all of the cheap DIY mods from the write-ups section bluerubi suggested.

I do not think upgrading your headlight bulbs will void your warranty, that would be like saying oh well if you don't get the same brand tires that we put on it then we will void your warrenty.

In regards to the modifying electrical system, you are saying that any person who installs an aftermarket radio voids their jeep warrenty?

I highly doubt that, also my aftermarket extended warranty in not through Chrysler. Further more a part will only void your warranty if it is found that the modified part caused the part to fail. So seeing how my hood and tailgate aren't part of my warranty then that is a non-issue, in whether or not they will fix my transmission.

Techguy 05-23-2009 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by bluerubicon08 (Post 1141699)
How about some Dual Fire Extinguisher holders, some auxillary LED footwell lighting, sickers/decals to customize, a CB Radio and Spare Tire Antenna Mount, Camp Shelf mounted to tailgate (my mod coming soon), Trimmed Fenders (the write-ups on here are awesome), some Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, A Velcro Mag Lite Holder, Mirror Relocators.... the list goes on forever and the party never ends:brows:

I already have the Cobra 75 WXST CB, UltraMount CB Antenna System and VersaMount. I will have to look into the Mirror Relocators.

NoFearJeep 05-23-2009 11:31 PM

Daystar dash, rollbar fire extinguisher mount, 2" hitch towing package, external hitch basket. Looking for more.

atuldo 05-24-2009 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Techguy (Post 1141689)
Ok so I am looking at adding a few more things to the jeep. I am not looking to upgrade the suspension, tires, rims or anything else that would void my aftermarket warranty (7 years and 90,000 miles to go).

For details on my Jeep check out my signature.

Current Ideas:

- Misch 4X4 Products Trash Can
- MasterCraft® Front & Rear Sport Handles
- Sylvania SilverStar Halogen Headlamp & Foglight bulbs
- Gorilla High Security Wheel Lock Set
- Cool Tech - Tailgate Gas Strut Kit
- Cool Tech - Hood Gas Strut Kit

are you doing it to follow somebody else (copycat) or you need the few more things...?:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: :thinking:

bluerubicon08 05-24-2009 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Techguy (Post 1141741)
I already have the Cobra 75 WXST CB, UltraMount CB Antenna System and VersaMount. I will have to look into the Mirror Relocators.

To qoute Gene Wilder in Blazing Saddles "Yes, you must. .....Yes, you must":rotflmao2::rotflmao2::rotflmao2::rotflmao2:

robin 05-25-2009 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Techguy (Post 1141738)
I do not think upgrading your headlight bulbs will void your warranty, that would be like saying oh well if you don't get the same brand tires that we put on it then we will void your warrenty.

In regards to the modifying electrical system, you are saying that any person who installs an aftermarket radio voids their jeep warrenty?

I highly doubt that, also my aftermarket extended warranty in not through Chrysler. Further more a part will only void your warranty if it is found that the modified part caused the part to fail. So seeing how my hood and tailgate aren't part of my warranty then that is a non-issue, in whether or not they will fix my transmission.

sarcasm is really hard to get these days:rotflmao2:

rjhoop 05-26-2009 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by nthinuf (Post 1141710)

Some type of bikini top.

X2:dontknow2: