Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No heat on driver side

Old 11-06-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No heat on driver side

2008 Jeep Wrangler X unlimited (All Stock)

Problem: Not blowing hot air on the driver side.

they have the cause as- HAVAC Distribution Housing Fault

Dealership repaires done:

1- Housing/Case, (HAVC) - replkaced Evaporator housing -upper

1- Housing Cable

1- Cable- Temperature Control

1- A/C system test, recovery and recharge. Repair note- this operation is used whenever it is nessery to test, recover, replace fails.

Recall J30- transmission temp. warning
Correction: Reprogramed CCN per recall campaign

Problem sitll is not fixed, air on driver side is colder then ever.

Thanks to all in advance to all who may have a solution to my problem.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Search?

Here is the link...i had the same issues and this thread describes what the dealer did to fix mine
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...46#post1920446
Old 11-06-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Thank You..Jeeperjkjeeper

I think i have the same problem that you had. (Blend door)
OK.....i looked for hours online to see if i could fix it myself..info on the topic,with no luck. Could not even locate a replacment part. I realy hate to take it back too thoes YO-YO,s at the dealership. If any one has any info on the matter please feel free to chime in. Well, worse come's to worse i,ll have to take it back to the shop with the new info.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Had the same problem -- the dealer Replaced the Heater Core -- Problem fixed.

This was after one service manager at one dealership said the mechanic said it was normal and I said "Let's go feel the difference". The service manager felt the air coming from the center and the driver door side and said "Oh, yeah, that is normal". I almost fell over. I called another dealership and explained my situation and was told that "oh yeah , we have seen a few of those -- it needs a new heater core"

Anyway, new heater core -- No problem. The heat is toasty HOT!

It did not cost me anything -- warranty covered.

I know people have talked about the blend door and other things -- just get your heater core replaced -- you will be happy you did.

And, oh yeah, they do have to take out your entire front dash to get to it -- I was a little nervous, but no problems
Old 11-07-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by josephb
Had the same problem -- the dealer Replaced the Heater Core -- Problem fixed.

This was after one service manager at one dealership said the mechanic said it was normal and I said "Let's go feel the difference". The service manager felt the air coming from the center and the driver door side and said "Oh, yeah, that is normal". I almost fell over. I called another dealership and explained my situation and was told that "oh yeah , we have seen a few of those -- it needs a new heater core"

Anyway, new heater core -- No problem. The heat is toasty HOT!

It did not cost me anything -- warranty covered.

I know people have talked about the blend door and other things -- just get your heater core replaced -- you will be happy you did.

And, oh yeah, they do have to take out your entire front dash to get to it -- I was a little nervous, but no problems
Heater Core replacement will NOT solve the " NO HEAT ON DRIVERS SIDE " issue...i had them put a brand new heater core in and the problem was still there until they replaced the heater box which was warped and caused the blend door to break.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default no heat on driver side

Originally Posted by haboo
2008 Jeep Wrangler X unlimited (All Stock)

Problem: Not blowing hot air on the driver side.

they have the cause as- HAVAC Distribution Housing Fault

Dealership repaires done:

1- Housing/Case, (HAVC) - replkaced Evaporator housing -upper

1- Housing Cable

1- Cable- Temperature Control

1- A/C system test, recovery and recharge. Repair note- this operation is used whenever it is nessery to test, recover, replace fails.

Recall J30- transmission temp. warning
Correction: Reprogramed CCN per recall campaign

Problem sitll is not fixed, air on driver side is colder then ever.

Thanks to all in advance to all who may have a solution to my problem.
I have a 2008 4 door and have the same problem. Took it to the dealership 4 times and the last time they flushed the heater core and they swore that it was fixed. Still no heat. Now I found out that there is a recall on the heater door that may be wrarped. I ended up calling the dealership and told them before the found out. What frustrates me the most is, this is my secound 4 door and I had to trade in my first becuse I had so many poblems with it. Now I am having nothing but one problem after another on this one. I feel the bottom line is,they are building them cheap. I never had any problem with my 1998 2 door. Thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Default No heat on driver side

well....one year ago I had the same issue...no heat on the driver side vent and center left vent. Dealer replaced the heater core and complete distribution box.....fixed the problem......now almost one year later I am having the same issue....I am scheduled to take the vehicle into the dealer next week.... I believe that something is breaking down within the cooling system ie: water pump cavitation, left over block casting material, or coolant fluid issues which are causing the heater core to become blocked.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well.....It IS a Chrysler.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

To bring back an old thread. Has anyone had to pay for this repair yet, how much am i looking at? Of course im out of warranty and have no heat on drivers side. Should I let them start with the flush or just get them to replace the door?
Old 10-26-2011, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Just got mine back two days ago for ANOTHER heater core replacement. I have killer heat again( for now ).....problem now is that my Jeep feels like it is 10 years old. After complete removal of the entire dash, steering column etc there are multiple residual issues now in the form of wierd sounds , clunks and other unexplained rattles that were not there last week.WTF....seems like they fix one problem but cause 2-3 more.

BTW...i am out of warranty but my dealership did not charge me anything because it is re-occuring issue that has not been permanantly corrected over the last 3 years

i believe the book time is 5.5 hours labour for a heater core replacement.....good luck

i would like to hear more about this blend door recall

Quick Reply: No heat on driver side