Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Noise for the first 10 min of my drive

Old 02-19-2019, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise for the first 10 min of my drive

Idler pulley? It will either hiss or squeal but only for the first 10 min of the drive. Could be 2 different issues but seems related. I have video but I’ll need to reduce the file size to upload it here.

Last edited by Colin Coolidge; 02-19-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

I couldnt
Believe it, but my 2012 developed a squeal that started loud, then got quieter as I drive. It turned out to be a bad starter. After starting, the spindle was not fully retracting causing the teeth to hit the edge of the flywheel. The result was a squeal that sounded like a belt squeal or a bad idler pulley bearing. The dealer replaced the starter and it's been perfect since then.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. I’ve noticed for months that my car sometimes can be a little hestitant to start.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Colin Coolidge
Interesting. I’ve noticed for months that my car sometimes can be a little hestitant to start.
Thinking back, before my starter died I noticed a slight delay when turning the key before the starter kicked in. I have manual trans and was thinking maybe I didn't have the clutch pushed in all the way.

Quick Reply: Noise for the first 10 min of my drive