JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   O2 sensors (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/o2-sensors-157937/)

thitalian97 01-05-2011 12:33 PM

O2 sensors

what would cause all four of my O2 sensors to go out at the same time. ive replaced two in as many weeks and the light is still on. shop says its the other O2 sensor. at $100 bucks a pop this is getting pricey for them to keep replacing parts . UPDATE.... still have a check engine light on. 3 of the 4 O2 sensors have been replaced. a wiring problem has supposedly been fixed. the pcm has been replaced and the thing is still on. the dealership says its fixed everytime i go to pick it up. and everytime my jeep leaves the lot the light comes back on. the only other thing the dealership says it could be that they havent replaced yet is the catalytic convertor. theyve mentioned this from the beginning but have yet to look into it further. they continue to try to nickel and dime me out of my money. anyone here have any ideas what all this could be and what i need to be doing to get this thing fixed. im beyond fed up

sa29560 01-05-2011 12:41 PM

That is pretty odd. What mileage are you sitting at? How in the world is it 100 each?

ronjenx 01-05-2011 12:47 PM

What codes are you getting?

thitalian97 01-05-2011 12:51 PM

its $100 to include labor. im right about 60k. and i dont remember the codes. shop keeps saying its most likely an O2 sensor but it could be and exhaust leak as well, or the cat

ronjenx 01-05-2011 12:58 PM

You can get the codes yourself. Post them here.

A common mistake is misidentifying which O2 sensor is the one in the code.

1. To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.

2. If you do step #1 correctly, all your dash lights will illuminate and your odometer will show up as a series of (6) dashes. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has logged any DTC’s, they will be displayed soon after the dashes appear. Write down the DTC(s).

3. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has not logged any DTC’s, the dashes on your odometer will be followed by the message ‘-done-’. Turn your key to the ‘OFF’ position and you will in fact be done.

jeep-addiction 01-05-2011 01:19 PM

I went to the dealership today for recall work front inner fender liner and found out the letter I got was for my old jeep that I traded in. But there was a recall for my 2010 Rubi RRT. 10-066 flash pcm for obd readiness for downstream O2 slow response monitor. Reprogrammed pcm per recall. Anyone else heard of this? Something about sensor being too slow connecting with the computer. My jeep has 8,102 miles on it. Not trying to hi-jack your thread just wondered if maybe it was something with the computer causing your problem.

thitalian97 01-05-2011 01:46 PM

well i did just have my pcm replaced about a month ago

blockrockin 01-05-2011 01:47 PM

i had a o2 sensor code.. i replaced my own o2 sensors for 25 bucks each from pepboys... very easy to replace if your doing it yourself.. i think maybe a cracked manifold had something to do with mine going bad.. but i also have a custom exhaust and i think the change in the back pressure also gives you a o2 sensor code or sometimes a cat converter code, for me anyway

thitalian97 01-10-2011 03:53 PM

Its the P0032 code

ronjenx 01-10-2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by thitalian97 (Post 2026388)
Its the P0032 code

P0032-O2 SENSOR 1/1 HEATER CIRCUIT HIGH

O2 sensor 1/1 is the upper sensor, on the right side of the engine, (passenger side).