Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Oil leak bed help ASAP!!

Old 12-19-2017, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leak bed help ASAP!!

I have a stock 2008 wrangler JKU 6 speed, I noticed a while back it was leaking oil pretty bad. Last time I changed the oil I replaced the oil pan gasket, the front crank seal, filter and oil obviously... it’s still leaking, bad, but only on the passenger side and above the oil pan, it seems to be spraying out somewhere but it doesn’t under an idle. I noticed a sensor on the side of the block that was covered in oil. Any suggestions on where to look, what else to replace?
Old 12-19-2017, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oil cooler would be the only thing I could think of. Not sure how it is on 3.8 but 3.6 is plastic and cracks.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:41 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JDaPP
Oil cooler would be the only thing I could think of. Not sure how it is on 3.8 but 3.6 is plastic and cracks.
No oil cooler on the 3.8L.

The sensor with oil on it may be the oil pressure switch.
Clean all the oil residue with brake cleaner. Inspect after each run and see if it's apparent where the leak starts.

Quick Reply: Oil leak bed help ASAP!!