Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

P0300; replaced EGR valve, PCV valve, both heads and gaskets, spark plugs.....

Old 06-18-2016, 12:16 PM
AJ_
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0300; replaced EGR valve, PCV valve, both heads and gaskets, spark plugs.....

So my Jeep is back together and after changing almost everything excluding the coil pack, cables, and injectors I am still experiencing rough idling and blinking engine light with p0300 Any ideas?
Old 06-18-2016, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year ?
Old 06-18-2016, 12:39 PM
AJ_
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepstercanada
What year ?

2007, I'm beginning to think it may be one or more of the injectors but godddd they are so expensive. How can I see which one is bad?
Old 06-18-2016, 12:42 PM
AJ_
JK Enthusiast

Stuck a long screwdriver to the front injector and its making a clicking noise. That means its bad right? how can I check the other ones that I can't reach?
Old 06-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ_
Stuck a long screwdriver to the front injector and its making a clicking noise. That means its bad right? how can I check the other ones that I can't reach?
A clicking noise means it working.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You change plug wires ? Could be bad coil pack to
Old 06-18-2016, 02:59 PM
AJ_
JK Enthusiast

Default Fixed****

Update** So my dad has a really good Jeep mechanic friend who I just talked to. Told him all what i replaced: EGR valve, PCV Valve, O2 Sensors, Head gasket and covers, spark plugs, cleaned throttle body, checked injectors, and ran seafoam. Then I told him I was knocking on the catalytic converter to check and see if they were okay and heard a rattle noise in the one to the back on the driver side. He said remove the exhaust and from the exhaust manifold and run it. I did and the engine light is still on (because exhaust is disconnected) but not flashing! The issue has stopped, NO MORE P0300!!

Quick Reply: P0300; replaced EGR valve, PCV valve, both heads and gaskets, spark plugs.....