Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

P0430 and brake lines

Old 04-14-2019, 12:41 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by EHarris
Thanks I'm on it today. Appreciate it.
You'll like this link to the complete 2008 JK Mopar parts list:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...5/#post4340062

Last edited by Mr.T; 04-14-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

So after ordering from Mopar Wholesale I got this email response back.

According to Mopar this hose was updated and the ABS sensor needs to be changed as well and re-routed. This is the note Mopar has in our catalog:
"Per engineering ruling: from 52060045AH to 68171943AF, order new hose 68171943AF for the hose and 68003281AD for the sensor. DO NOT use 56044144AD. Reroute along axle spring seat and secure with tie strap."
This is the only hose that requires a new sensor.

New hose 68171943AF $33.52
New sensor 68003281AD $21.85

Does anyone know why this sensor needs to be replaced? I know my front wheel speed sensors are covered under an extended 15 year warranty. I also hate screwing around with the braking system and Im having second thoughts about replacing these hoses now. Has anyone recently done all new mopar hoses? It doesn't seem like many have replaced brake hoses with factory, but rather just extended aftermarket. if you were to put extended aftermarket would you still have to change out this sensor?
Old 04-28-2019, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Based upon the instructions say to route the sensor wire along the axle perch. That routing requires the sensors with the longer wires. The diffence in speed sensor part numbers are likely the shorter vs longer wire speed sensors.

I prefer the new routing, and made sure to get the longer wire speed sensors when I replaced mine. The routing of the shorter wires allowed the wire to dangle around in the wheel well area and rub against the shock, thus risking damage. FCA improved the design for the better with the new PN and routing in my opinion.

But yeah, the old PN sensor still works. The changes are only in wire length and additional mounting points on the new part to accomodate the new routing.

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-28-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

This may or may not help you. I think I have the longer sensors, I can't recall. I know I have longer brake lines though and with the lift, they don't get in the way. I've eliminated one of the mounting points and it makes the line reach a little longer and makes it less susceptible to debris. Pictures below.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by karls10jk
This may or may not help you. I think I have the longer sensors, I can't recall. I know I have longer brake lines though and with the lift, they don't get in the way. I've eliminated one of the mounting points and it makes the line reach a little longer and makes it less susceptible to debris. Pictures below.

I can kinda see where this line is routed now but once I get my wheel off I'm sure I'll be able to see much better.

In order to change the brake hose it looks as if I'll need a flare nut wrench. Do you happen to know what size so the set that I order is correct?
Old 04-29-2019, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

I found it. It was in the How-To Section.

Flare nut wrenches sizes 10mm-13mm
Old 04-29-2019, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

But this now brings me to another type of wrench question. I am looking for a combination wrench that is the correct size for the caliper brake bleed. I am looking for something that is half or even more the thickness of my current craftsman wrenches.

If I put the MityVac hose on the brake bleed, I don't have enough room to crack the valve open. I need a wrench that is very thin that can fit under it while the hose is attached. Any suggestions for a set I can buy?
Old 04-29-2019, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I didn't use a flare nut wrench for the hose change but for the slide pin bolts I've got a 15 mm wrench that I shaved down with a grinder so it fits without interference. You can buy a cheap wrench and shave it down. If you want to get the box side and use a saw then you can create your own flare nut wrench then hit it with the grinder so it fits.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I didn't use a flare nut wrench for the hose change but for the slide pin bolts I've got a 15 mm wrench that I shaved down with a grinder so it fits without interference. You can buy a cheap wrench and shave it down. If you want to get the box side and use a saw then you can create your own flare nut wrench then hit it with the grinder so it fits.
I thought about a harbor freight trip but then just figured having a set of flare nut wrench and maybe a thin profile wrench could be useful to have in the tool box. Im gonna see what's offered by craftsman and then go from there.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
I thought about a harbor freight trip but then just figured having a set of flare nut wrench and maybe a thin profile wrench could be useful to have in the tool box. Im gonna see what's offered by craftsman and then go from there.
I went to autozone and picked up a metric Duralast flare nut set of wrenches for like $8 when I did mine.

Quick Reply: P0430 and brake lines