Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Paint code or part# for Touchup Paint For Freedom tops?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I for one wasn't implying that. Sorry if it came across that way, what I was getting at more than anything was if it was a specific after market touch up company that had it, etc and listed it as that code, so that I could try and find it. Frankly with as easily as they scratch, you'd think Jeep would toss in a 10 dollar paint pen in the glove box with the purchase of a wrangler.

Oh and on a side note I picked up a flat black paint pen just to test on the roof where it wouldn't be visible and my girlfriend decides to be helpful and use it in all the spots before I've tested to see how well it matched!

But wait, that's not the best part, she comes inside and says oops it dripped on the rear fender flair. Don't worry I got most of it off. lol MOST of it? Anyone have a tip for removing touch up paint from a sahara matching black fender flair? lol

As I stated in a different thread, thank goodness she's got really big boobs. lol
Old 07-06-2007, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOL...yea no problem. What i will do is call chrylser if i have too, and see if they have those piant codes i mentioned before. Project jk just wouldnt make them up.

Heres the link where i found it, look on the left hand sides as you scroll down under ADDITIONAL INFO:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...om-top-removal
Old 07-06-2007, 09:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok just a quick update, after one touch up coat with Dupli-Color Universal Flat Black - NG SF 104, the small scratches are just about invisible. I'll check on them tomorrow after they've had nearly 24 hours to dry, but since I was not able to find the touch up paint listed I used this in a pinch ( I recommend not letting your girlfriend near it). Now, if you've managed to scrape off more than the width of what a sharpie would draw, I'm not sure how it would look, but so far this has done a satisfactory job. I'm going to take pictures of the jeep tomorrow to post in another thread, so I'll snap some of the touch up job (although without a before they might not be worth much, although if you can't spot the touch up that would at least be something).
Old 07-06-2007, 09:20 PM
JK Super Freak

And I'm wondering if Project JK transposed a letter or simply made a Typo? Oh well I'll be back on in the a.m. with results of the touch up with the paint listed above. That is after I get my jeep back from my girlfriend who took it in to work to show off. Now mind you she's on the midnight shift and the jeep is black and so are it's new rims. Did I mention she had really big boobs? lol
Old 07-08-2007, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bleblanc
AWW Man what perfect timing. I was heading up an obsticle this weekend and ended with my hard top up against a mountain side and HAD to go forward or end up on my lid. She is ALL SCARED TO HELL on driver side. I need paint!!!

If it's deep then use a little filler first as the top is made of two very thin pieces sandwiched together, then paint.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

So far there is no touch up paint for the top. I have asked at a dealer's bodyshop. What the problem is with the textured paint they have to sand it down and refinish it to get it to match. The minimum amount is by the can as it were. I used a general black touch up paint as recomended by the body man (he said in a year or two they all will be scratched to hell at the rate he has seen them). It does not match precisely but hey it covers the white and that is what matters. I think in a couple of years when it looks realy bad I will sand and paint mine but smooth so touchups are easy and leave out the textured look.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

I talked with the people at paintscratch.com about the code and color for black and khaki. They added both to their website. It's a basecoat/clearcoat combination (at least that's what they say) so using some of the other products out there may not get the complete result you want.

I ordered Rescue Green Metallic from them a couple of months ago and have been real pleased with the results. I just ordered the RXF for the black freedom top. I'll let you know how it works.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/makepaint2.cgi
So its called Jet Balck and not Black, didnt know that. So did some come black then?
Old 07-14-2007, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered the basecoat 1/2oz pen and a clearcoat 1/2oz pen for the khaki hard top. Hopefully is comes soon and ill tell you guys how it is.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well my order came in a few days and if you guys ever need touch up paint for your hardtops, this place sent me the EXACT khaki colour for my Jeep. Fantastic and i recommend to anyone.

Quick Reply: Paint code or part# for Touchup Paint For Freedom tops?