Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Paint code or part# for Touchup Paint For Freedom tops?

Old 09-14-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go on paintscratch.com, those codes i listed earlier in thread are the right ones. They sent me khaki base, and then a clear coat. As for the guys with black tops, im not sure which one it is. But i can honestly say if you need to touch up your top, order from paintscratch , as it is good quality.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:53 AM
DrJ
JK Newbie

Hell you guys, I used a Sharpie on my black top, still can't see the scratch... maybe you're overthinking this one?
Old 09-16-2007, 06:22 AM
dfj
JK Newbie

Follow up to my earlier post:

"I sent an email to paintscratch.com with my VIN asking do I want black (HCX)or jet black (RXF) for the top? They answered with "probably black - both colors are very close". So, I ordered black. It has not arrived yet so I will advise when I try it."

I tried the black (HCX) and it was a good match! At first it didn't look like it but you have to let it dry.

I went ahead and ordered the jet black (RXF) also so I will advise when I try it.

I also tried the sharpie, and it is a different finish than the touch up paint but a good color match. For many scratches probably fine.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:06 PM
dfj
JK Newbie

Ok, now I have tried both and the colors are so close it is hard to tell a difference. On my top, the black (HCX) is a slightly better match. Jet black is a deeper darker black, but not by much.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

PXF. That’s the color you want.
Ok. I know I’m late to the game here, but I had the same question and this is the thread where I ended up, so that must mean this is still relevant to some of us.
I called the local dealer and was told that’s the color for the black Freedom Top. I’ve got a 2012 JK.

Quick Reply: Paint code or part# for Touchup Paint For Freedom tops?