Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Paint peeling

Old 10-21-2012, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a three week old Altitude Sahara with color keyed front bumper. It's actually named appliqué on the build sheet. Well it just peeled off In a big sheet like a piece of paper. Anyone else have this happen? Service is the next stop. Looks like four bolts hold on a plastic skin so should be easy to replace but dang! Not even a month?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hard 8
I've got a three week old Altitude Sahara with color keyed front bumper. It's actually named appliqué on the build sheet. Well it just peeled off In a big sheet like a piece of paper. Anyone else have this happen? Service is the next stop. Looks like four bolts hold on a plastic skin so should be easy to replace but dang! Not even a month?
Your fenders will probably be next. My right front started to peel/flake/whatever after a couple of months. It started in the joint where the fender meets the body. It was naturally covered under warranty and the paint job that the dealer put on it looks better than the rest of the fenders. I'm kind of hoping the rest of them go before 36K too so that they can get a real paint job on Chrysler's dime.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Well they took pics and is sending the pics in. They "never saw anything like that before". I know it's hard to believe, but they pinky swore... They'll call me back with the answer.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Appliqué is a fancy word for sticker.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ncb
Appliqué is a fancy word for sticker.
Haha. Yea. Like they need to use two dollar words for the good folks that drive a jeep... I'd say that owners driving wranglers are a bit more direct and plain in their words - IMHO. And still no call back... Seems pretty simple to me - their sticker peeled off, grab another one and reapply. Sigh...

Quick Reply: Paint peeling