Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Parking lights on ‘13

Old 10-31-2017, 04:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking lights on ‘13

Morning folks. Having a little trouble with my front parking lights (both of them) on my ‘13. The turn signals are working fine (different filament I assume), but the parking lights don’t always work. I can sometimes lightly tap on them and get them to come on, but sometimes not. Is this a known issue with the socket itself that anyone knows of? Thanks!
Old 10-31-2017, 04:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I've got a '13 and have never had any similar issues, nor do I recall reading any others talking about a socket specific problem. So it happens on both sides at the same time, or does sometimes one works and the other doesn't? It would seem odd that both sockets would have an issue, and it would seem odd that both sides would have a wiring issue up towards the lights. Almost sounds like TIPM not sending a signal/current when the parking light should be on, but that doesn't seem to jive with the fact that sometimes you can tap em and get em on.

Have you pulled the bulbs out and inspected the sockets along with the electrical plug at the sockets?
Old 10-31-2017, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The front parking lights are a dual filament bulb. You might have a burnt out filament or it is loose or corroded in the connection.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks Resharp and Smudge

Quick Reply: Parking lights on ‘13