Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Passenger Turn Signal Not Working

Old 05-24-2018, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger Turn Signal Not Working

I’m stumped with a problem with my passenger turn signal. It works intermittently. It won’t function as a running light. It will function as a turn signal for the first 10 seconds or so the Jeep is running, then it’s completely out. I’ve replaced both the bulb and socket. I also tried cleaning the connector with some alcohol, though it wasn’t dirty. I’ve tugged/jiggled the wiring to no avail, and the wiring/connector look fine. I haven’t pulled the negative on the battery yet - I’ll give that a try tomorrow in case it’s a computer issue but in the likely event that I’m still out of luck, has anyone experienced anything like this? I haven’t paid the dealer for a repair since I’ve owned it and I may cave for this. It’s an ‘08, ~85,000 miles. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2018, 05:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by AirJordan613
I’m stumped with a problem with my passenger turn signal. It works intermittently. It won’t function as a running light. It will function as a turn signal for the first 10 seconds or so the Jeep is running, then it’s completely out. I’ve replaced both the bulb and socket. I also tried cleaning the connector with some alcohol, though it wasn’t dirty. I’ve tugged/jiggled the wiring to no avail, and the wiring/connector look fine. I haven’t pulled the negative on the battery yet - I’ll give that a try tomorrow in case it’s a computer issue but in the likely event that I’m still out of luck, has anyone experienced anything like this? I haven’t paid the dealer for a repair since I’ve owned it and I may cave for this. It’s an ‘08, ~85,000 miles. Thanks!
Regarding the passenger's side running lights...
Are both the front and back lights out? How about the passenger side front fender marker light and the rear license plate light? If they are all out, look at fuse M18.

Regarding the Passenger side blinker light...
Do both the front and rear function for the first 10 seconds, then both fail? Driver's side blinkers function properly?
How about the brake lights? After the blinkers stop working, do the brake lights function normally?
Old 05-24-2018, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Rear lights all good. Side marker lights all good. This is strictly the passenger blinker
Old 05-24-2018, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

I’m seeing some posts from others about ground wires sometimes being the culprit. Do you know where the ground for this blinker is?
Old 05-24-2018, 07:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by AirJordan613
Rear lights all good. Side marker lights all good. This is strictly the passenger blinker
I guess I misinterpreted your words " It won’t function as a running light. " To me, that meant the tail light is not working, either.

Quick Reply: Passenger Turn Signal Not Working