Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Passenger's Side Floor Wet

Old 02-02-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought a factory top off eBay same vin year and both sides leak depending how I park (camber?). So a co worker got a 2012 from a dealer as a loaner and the weather stripping looks longer Vs my 10'. Looks like I could rig a fix, but put the hard top on for the winter (no leak). Any real recall? Pretty sure this is the problem. Should I just fix my self?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

So it rained really hard in Southern California this past Saturday. And I thought the issue had resolved itself. Nope. Passenger side floor super wet. Over a year of me thinking the issued had past, and one day of hard rain hits and it all came back. Man.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

My '10 is going back to the dealer for the 5th time next Tuesday ! Factory tech going to look at it. Leaks under heavy rain ,mostly on drivers side. Probably wind up pulling the carpets and putting down LINEX
Old 03-24-2012, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Have a 2011 JKU Rubicon and it is currently at the dealership for the same problem. It has been there three times for the water running down the A pillar and and onto the front passenger carpet from under the door. The front right door does not appear to fit flush at the stop and sticks out about a 1/16 of an inch at the top where to water runs off the roof. Chrysler is sending a Tech Rep. took look at the door and the seal. They have tried cutting the seal at the bottom of the door and that did not work. One good thing is this is their third try if the cannot fix it Louisiana Lemmon law states they have to replace with a new JKU or buy back my choice. The ball is in their court. Check to see if you door fits flush that may be the problem
Old 03-25-2012, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thought I had mine fixed. Was wrong. 2010 going to dealer next week before my warranty runs out. Leak is on passenger side of my four door. Have about 1700 miles left on warranty.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put my softop on and rained pretty good, had a nice steady drip drivers side above side window.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

It rained alot on Saturday and my right front floor was wet. Dealer already replaced seals and then adjusted seals, and now I need to make another apt.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can't remember if it was posted in this thread or a different one, but I put pictures up where the dealer had cut a small hole in the bottom of my door seal. Apparently my seal was getting flooded and then it would overflow into the passenger floor board. This was fixed about six months ago and I have not had any more issues since then. The service manager at my dealer showed me an email that he allegedly got from Chrysler Tech and this was their fix not sure if it was the best thing but it definitely worked.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I find this thread a bit funny. Did you all expect to buy a Jeep that was water tight when you bought it or did you buy it to bury the axles in the mud, while jumping over huge boulders, after swimming it across a stream. I mean really you all sound kind of funny bitching about this kind of stuff to be honest. Im in no way saying that all the seals should leak and you should wake up to puddles in your new car every day but. You can easily rip the carpets out, hit the whole inside with bedliner and drill some one way drip drains into all of the floorwells. Problem solved. Wonder why your last Wrangler cost you over 30k to buy? Because you all keep taking them to the dealer for warranty work on window drips. If it really bothers you that much you can probably talk them into giving you a good deal to trade in on a Grand Cherokee or maybe a Compass even
Old 03-25-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Newbie

I guess I'm a strange guy that expects a 36k jeep to be water tight least on top for some rain lol if I were water crossing would totally understand. I did notice how much I have to slam my doors and gate to get them closed. Before I used to get mad about slamming doors on a car now I have to.

Last edited by SGTBB; 03-25-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Passenger's Side Floor Wet