Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

PCM burnt out/warranty ?

Old 02-25-2013, 06:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Crystal0UUU0
Ok so the General Manager at the dealership contacted me today and stated that he would need to look over my paperwork, contact his "friend that owns a jeep shop" for his opinion, speak to the dealership that is servicing the jeep for verification and speak to the previous owner about the programmer? Last call I got from him today stated he didn't have a "slush fund" for things like this but that he is still waiting to hear back from the previous owner to find out more. This is all fine but he isn't saying he is going to fix this problem meanwhile I am wout transportation, just wondering if the dealership I purchased from should be responsible for the repair?
In my opinion, you should be talking to the dealer you purchased from.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sadly this probly not going to end well . i hate dealing with stealer ships , good luck
Old 02-25-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

I bought a i1000 DCX programmer from diablo sport for my 2012 jeep and it fried my PCM. I had it towed to the dealer and played dumb. They fixed it under warranty.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jacksup
sadly this probly not going to end well . i hate dealing with stealer ships , good luck
Yeah I'm feeling the same way. I'm getting a run around Prob because I'm a female. If it was a cheap fix it would be one thing but I haven't even paid the taxes due next month yet on the Jeep cause I just bought it and $1,000 is a hefty repair cost for something I wasn't even aware of or any fault of my own. :/
Old 02-25-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robnasty
I bought a i1000 DCX programmer from diablo sport for my 2012 jeep and it fried my PCM. I had it towed to the dealer and played dumb. They fixed it under warranty.
I was tempted to deny repair, have it towed to a different dealer and take the stupid programmer off and have it repaired under warranty but a mechanic friend said they can "flag" my vin under chryslers system if I deny repair from them.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would take it to the dealer you purchased it from. If you were told and/or have paperwork showing it had a pre purchase inspection done (they usually do it to give the buyer peace of mind that they are buying a safe and reliable vehicle) it would throw the responsibility of damage to them. The programmer should have been found if the actually did an inspection. I doubt the purchase paperwork says you bought it with a programmer on it.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Hey does yours having extended cranking. The dealers replacing my PCM on a 2012 with 20,000 miles on it.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rb1boxer_3
Hey does yours having extended cranking. The dealers replacing my PCM on a 2012 with 20,000 miles on it.
No it was running fine until this problem. Wow that's pretty new for a PCM to be bad. I ended up calling another dealership and they are going to fix it under warranty.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

glad it worked out for you . Had my doubts about good outcome

Quick Reply: PCM burnt out/warranty ?