Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Persistent Issue.. P0300 and P2308 Error Codes?

Old 07-06-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Persistent Issue.. P0300 and P2308 Error Codes?

Hi all -

I recently bought a used '10 Wrangler Sport 2dr with 92k miles. I got a good deal on it and I was in a bind so I took the risk. This was about 6 months ago. It ran great until a little over a month ago when I got a P0302 and P0300 error codes. I replaced the plugs and wires with some help from a few friends, and it cleared the codes and ran great. About 10 days later, it began running really rough and for some reason the #2 cylinder spark plug that I just replaced was arcing and had to be replaced again by a used plug we had on hand. Jeep began running smoothly again. So over the weekend I got the P0300 and P2308 codes consistently and I do not know what the deal is. I do not smell any rotten eggs and I have replaced the plugs, wires, and even the coil pack. I am running out of extra money to throw at the jeep.. It runs really rough and it loses power while driving. I have to pull over to turn it off and sit for a second, then crank it and it may or may not run fine until I get home. The P0300 is a multiple or random cylinder misfire and the P2308 is a bad ionization? Any body else have these issues?
Old 01-23-2019, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Currently having this issue with my 2009 Wrangler 4dr with 100k miles....changed out the spark plugs, wires, and coil pack already. Getting same two codes, what was the fix for you?
Old 05-03-2021, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Silverbacked
Hi all -

I recently bought a used '10 Wrangler Sport 2dr with 92k miles. I got a good deal on it and I was in a bind so I took the risk. This was about 6 months ago. It ran great until a little over a month ago when I got a P0302 and P0300 error codes. I replaced the plugs and wires with some help from a few friends, and it cleared the codes and ran great. About 10 days later, it began running really rough and for some reason the #2 cylinder spark plug that I just replaced was arcing and had to be replaced again by a used plug we had on hand. Jeep began running smoothly again. So over the weekend I got the P0300 and P2308 codes consistently and I do not know what the deal is. I do not smell any rotten eggs and I have replaced the plugs, wires, and even the coil pack. I am running out of extra money to throw at the jeep.. It runs really rough and it loses power while driving. I have to pull over to turn it off and sit for a second, then crank it and it may or may not run fine until I get home. The P0300 is a multiple or random cylinder misfire and the P2308 is a bad ionization? Any body else have these issues?

HAVE YOU GOTTEN THIS FIGURED OUT? I had this now and my 2012 had to be towed home, was ticking like crazy, and now is incapacitated. I am replacing every part that the codes show, but your situation is EXACTLY, to mine.

Quick Reply: Persistent Issue.. P0300 and P2308 Error Codes?