Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please help with Picture of Evap Purge Wiring 2009 JK

Old 03-18-2018, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please help with Picture of Evap Purge Wiring 2009 JK

Guys, a pesky varmint ate into some of my wiring last month and my jeep tossed a CEL. I read it and it said the purge system was the issue. I though it was a leak, but no. It turned out to be that something ate into my wiring and completely consumed the connection from the evap to the wiring box. Now I've got a replacement and torn into It I have 2 big issues.

I can't find where the wire terminates. I have this green wire that I have no clue were it goes either.
Can someone help me with a picture of where these things terminate?

Before:

Wires that I have no clue where to reattach. The first one runs by the fender and is BROWN with a green stripe.

The next one is the evap purge. Those wires were blue and white and blue with a black line. It HAD a flexible plastic protector.

Last edited by demtek9; 03-18-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

I found one of them. Little basters ate the wires alway under the bundle. This was all that was left
Old 03-18-2018, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

CEL code is gone. I just have that random brown wire with a green strip.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:21 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Nice work -- The only thing worse would be that happening in the middle of nowhere. I looked on my 2008 and don't see that brown w/ grn stripe wire. You probably already checked that nearby body ground for a lug missing a wire, but thought it worth mentioning. Best of luck!

Old 03-20-2018, 06:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mr.T
Nice work -- The only thing worse would be that happening in the middle of nowhere. I looked on my 2008 and don't see that brown w/ grn stripe wire. You probably already checked that nearby body ground for a lug missing a wire, but thought it worth mentioning. Best of luck!

Thanks. I think I narrowed this down. My guess it that this was my aftermarket kit that turned a JKRU without a hardtop into one that has a hardtop wiper control.
I'll know when I put the hard top back on and try to turn on the rear wiper.

Quick Reply: Please help with Picture of Evap Purge Wiring 2009 JK