JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Power window slow, "binding"? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/power-window-slow-binding-123922/)

FAW3 03-24-2010 08:07 AM

Power window slow, "binding"?

We have a '09 JK 4 door with power windows. From almost day 1, the drivers window runs "up" slower than the other 3. In very cold weather, it really struggles.

No unusual mechanical noises. Goes "down" fine.
If I lightly hold the glass forward gently, it runs fine.

Anyone else have similar issue or had service for it?

IcyFridge 03-24-2010 08:12 AM

If it really is an issue, then take it in for warranty work. I ignored this problem on my WRX rear windows and it burned out the motor from overworking the windows. My dad's '07 windows go up blazingly fast.

bobzinger 03-24-2010 08:43 AM

I'm in an '07 and my driver side window is the same. Actually, I tried to put my driver rear window down over the weekend and found that it doesn't go down at all. I verified that the cable was connected, but no workie. I'm not too concerned with it for now, but I'll look into it sometime soon.

asuperhero 03-24-2010 09:16 AM

ive had the same problem too. never made much of a difference for me. figured since i use the driver's window the most it was bound to get slower and slower. better than cranking it down or having to unzip it like my old jeep.

honestly, i dont care cuz as long as it works, then why ask for more? if i had a problem with it, then i'd take care of it. until it breaks, dont fix it :)

Adam3612 03-24-2010 12:38 PM

Mine does it too, normal.

kik 03-24-2010 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by FAW3 (Post 1625255)
We have a '09 JK 4 door with power windows. From almost day 1, the drivers window runs "up" slower than the other 3. In very cold weather, it really struggles.

No unusual mechanical noises. Goes "down" fine.
If I lightly hold the glass forward gently, it runs fine.

Anyone else have similar issue or had service for it?

I would get it taken care of under warranty. It may just need to be adjusted.

Menard666 03-24-2010 12:58 PM

I've got an '09 4 dr Rubicon with weathertech in channel wind vents. It goes up just as fast as the others until it hits the tighter spot where the in channel wind deflector is. I'd bring it in and have it looked at.

TINMAN080 03-24-2010 04:44 PM

easy fix

The window is too low in the rear. It can be adjusted easily to sit level on the regulator. This will prevent it from riding low and binding in the weatherstrip run channels when going up. A window takes much more effort to roll up than roll down. This binding will burn up your motor and wear out the regulator and run channel if not repaired. Take it in....:beer: